ktb082316

bathroom update help needed

Kbtb
6 år siden
I would like to update our bathroom just with paint and new fixtures etc as it's just a temporary update. we will be redoing it all completely sometime so don't want to spend a lot of money. I was thinking of simply painting the cabinets and will re paint the walls. my hick-up is the counter tops are cream and if not done right cream and white can really clash, as well as the tiles being creamy, beige.
below are some pics

(23) kommentarer

• lwfromny
    6 år siden
    Totally agree with @simstress. Black is the perfect solution and allows you to keep the hardware, sinktop, and probably even paint. I can't see the light fixture but I suspect you may want to change that out.
  • Kbtb
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    I like the idea and think it would look good, it's just black isn't my colour and wouldn't link with anything else. I did wonder about a dark grayish navy?
  • P Banos
    6 år siden

Try Benajmin Moore

Hale Navy. It blends with cream not just with white.

• simstress
    6 år siden
    Navy would work too!
  • PRO
    Jane Antonacci Interior Design
    6 år siden

Do you have a mirror for your bathroom yet? There are lots of great mirror designs you could do.

Bespoke Furniture: Vanity Fixture · Mere information

Private Spaces: Posh Powder Room · Mere information

• Kbtb
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Jane, I do it have mirrors yet. there is another vanity opposite but it is a lot smaller. we are having a hard time finding 2 matching mirrors in different sizes
  • Kbtb
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    I mean I DON'T have mirrors
  • katinparadise
    6 år siden

What size is the vanity opposite? To be honest, I wouldn't paint the vanity. You can add some pretty hardware to update it a bit and change your wall color. The Jeffrey Alexander hardware I added to my new vanity was less than $5 per knob and is quite nice looking.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6 år siden
    I have some ideas. Is this your master bath?
  • Kbtb
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Flo, yes this is master bath
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6 år siden

If this is a stop gab update, I wouldn't touch the cabinets. They look in good shape. I would do something like this:

mock ups · Mere information
    I have changed the faucet and you would have to select one that fit the existing sick but I would do a chrome set. I would select a color I love, for this example, I chose turquoise. Find a pretty floor mat or two one for each vanity, a turquoise embellished mirror, turquoise interesting door knobs for the vanity a couple of accessories and then some coordinating towels for a more "spa-like" but interesting room. That is all the money I would spend because otherwise, kind of a waste. The price of the new faucet set and drain set would probably be the most. Followed by the mirror cost depending on what you could find. If you are dying to do something with the vanities, I would do some Chalk Paint in a light tone of the favorite color you select. So, for this example, I would do the turquoise and second coat a white wash and wipe off edges to allow the deep turquoise to come through and softly wipe the rest.

• mlt22193
    6 år siden
    My bathroom looked exactly like that. Same cabinets, etc. I painted the walls Revere Pewter by BM. I swear that color goes with everything! It looked great and gave it a nice update.
  • Kbtb
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    is revere pewter a grayish white?
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6 år siden

No it is more beige than gray. I wouldn't use it for a bathroom if you need light.

• Brittany Spaniel
    6 år siden
    Love Kbtb's idea of navy gray
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6 år siden
    Do this bath have any natural light? If you have great lighting the darker wall color would be wonderful if you want to go that route.
  • Kbtb
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    we have lots of natural light
  • acm
    6 år siden

I like the vanity with the other finishes -- I think you'll get the most mileage from a stylish new mirror, perhaps with a nickel frame.

Nickel Pierced Metal Mirror · Mere information

Metallic Rectangle Mirror, Polished Nickel · Mere information

Lexi Mirror · Mere information

George Brushed Bright Nickel Rectangular Mirror · Mere information

• felizlady
    6 år siden
    Why spend time and money for a temporary redo before a real remodel? The cabinet looks very good. The counter works beautifully. I would simply paint the walls in a pastel blue, teal, rose, sage or whatever will work with the master bedroom, add some new bathroom rugs and towels and some art.
  • Kbtb
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    thx for the ideas feliz but that isn't my style
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    6 år siden

Then I would do the BM Hale Navy. But you need bright reflective other elements in your lighting and mirrors. Could be wonderful, just depends on your budget. BM Van Deusen Blue is a good dark, but not as dark a blue as well.

• Najeebah
    6 år siden
    maybe the specific colours Feliz suggested aren't your style, but do consider only changing the wall colour and knobs. The vanity looks great, you'd probably not get it long that good after paint, and if you plan on a redo soon, don't go to all the work. a deep (but not too dark, lighter than the vanity) warm gold/brown paint could work. a good mirror, some scones, a decorative tray of scent sticks/soap/cream/etc and your space will be wonderful.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.