overmantels

Garden mirrors- a clever trick to add more space?

Overmantels
6 år siden

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on outdoor mirrors!

Have you used them in a project before? We think they are an excellent way to play with light and reflection, giving the impression of a larger space, reflecting light and add a touch of sparkle to a garden!

Is crackled mirror a nice addition?
Are outdoor mirrors a good design feature?

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Kia Designs
    6 år siden

Outdoor mirrors are definitely a great way to create the illusion of space, and when they have interesting effects such as the cracked mirror shown above they can really add to the overall design of the space.

• Rose Williams
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Hmmm, you know, I've been thinking of adding some to my designs, but part of me worries about the glare. The sun rises directly on where they would be, after that they would be ok. Mind, the only people they would bother are the neighbours backing onto the end of my garden! I love crackled, but am afraid that one looks broken due to the size if you know what I mean, might feel like placing a piece of bad luck. I have grey and gold mirrored perspex left over from another project, perhaps thats the way to go for me :)

• PRO
    GreenlinesDesign Ltd
    6 år siden

The cleaning aspect is one of the big factors we have only once used a mirror in one of our designs, it lasted a few years till the client got bored with it and it has now been removed. If there was mirrors more suitable for outdoors and the cleaning aspect was easier, then yes I think we would use them again.

• Rose Williams
    6 år siden

Perhaps you should recommend good polish and protection from the automotive world. A good polish with autoglym cream glass polish and a dose of rainex will keep them sparkly for months on end

• PRO
    User
    6 år siden

Rose Williams that is a very clever suggestion! Thank you :)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.