drbt

Roof Question

diaNe ThomAs
6 år siden
Do you recommend black metal roofs? Do they get hotter than other colors? I love the contrast, but am not sure if they are energy efficient.....
Rim Residence · Mere information

(1) kommentar

• PRO
    Andrew Wagner Architects
    6 år siden

Hi,

Metal roofs are very durable. Likely many of the roofs that you think are black are actually "dark bronze." Black does absorb more of the visible light spectrum. That said, many other factors drive energy efficiency are have a far greater impact on performance. Some big drivers are insulation (r-value walls and roofs) (u-value windows), air tightness, HVAC efficiency (SEER value), lighting efficiency and appliances (energy star certified).

The home you see above was energy modeled and received the highest Austin Energy Green Building rating. This program includes measurement and verification. The proof is in the utility bills, which are very low!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.