paola_cuellar

Square table, round rug?

Paola D.
6 år siden
We just bought get a new kitchen table. It's a counter height, square table (4ftx4ft). I am looking to warm it up a bit more by getting a bright rug underneath. I was going to go with square, but both my husband and my mom suggested a round rug (they each suggested this separately, without talking to the other). I can't wrap my head around a round rug under the square table! Am I not adventurous enough? Is it a bad decor decision? Am I just missing something? Help!

(9) kommentarer

• Porter Edun
    6 år siden

I'm not sure you could find a round rug large enough that would not meet the edge of your counter. You want to be able to push a chair back and have it not leave the area rug when doing so. Not a bad idea in theory, but how far is the table/chair from the edge of the kitchen counter? A rug the proper size may be too large in the space... You would have to tape it off to know even for a square rug.

• PRO
    Designs by TAP
    6 år siden

Round rug is ideal for a square table like that, minimizes corners but leaves room for chairs to push out. As long as the rug is big enough.

• groveraxle
    6 år siden

Skip the rug. I like the simplicity of your bare floor, plus it's easier to clean.

• felizlady
    6 år siden
    An 8'x8' square or 8' round rug will work...it will give you enough room on the rug for moving your chairs in or out without falling off the edge of the rug. Some people like the square-round combination and I am one of those people. It's your choice for your place, but I will say it would be easier to find an 8' round than an 8' square rug.
  • katinparadise
    6 år siden

I agree with Beverly and Grover. No rug, lower chandelier and a colorful centerpiece.

• Paola D.
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thanks for the tips guys! We are holding off on a rug for now. We are going to see if we can move the chandelier over (and lower!) and that will leave more room for a rug. It's really off center and in a weird location and we didn't notice until we got the table (we've only lived here three months) how oddly positioned the chandelier is.

Attached is my colorful centerpiece I whipped up on Sunday afternoon. It makes me happy
  • jbryan08
    3 år siden

I think it needs a rug! Need some contrast between table, chairs and floor. Otherwise it’s beautiful! Love the chandelier!!!!

• jbryan08
    3 år siden

May I ask where you got it?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.