mtm1

Window covering suggestions

mtm1
6 år siden
I am looking for ideas on how to help block sunlight coming in this wall of glass. The middle 2 panels in the lower section are sliding glass doors. The 2 outside panels are stationary. Privacy is not an issue. We had thought about just tinting but something more decorative would be nice.

(11) kommentarer

• PRO
    Best Buy Blinds, Inc.
    6 år siden

The only product I know of that would work on that arch is plantation shutters. I would probably go with the tint if you want to be able to see out the window during the day. Otherwise, you could do two very large curtain panels on a rod that is mounted as high as the arch which would give you the ability to block the sun. Both of those options are probably more expensive than the window tint product.

• PRO
    Best Buy Blinds, Inc.
    6 år siden

Cara and I have the same idea!

• PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    6 år siden

That's a beautiful window! However, I agree window treatments would help. I would install a rod across the top of the entire window (including upper transom). Select a beautiful sheer wool casement with minimal fullness. The window wall will look more finished and light will come through the panels unless you line them). I personally favor unlined panels, they can also be side panels that need not draw. This will save you on fabric, just be careful not to make the side panels too narrow or you will lose the lovely effect. Good luck with your project and have fun with it!

• Mike
    6 år siden

That is a beautiful window and view. It seems like a shame to do anything to it but I understand what you are saying about it being more decorative. I would just tint the glass and add side panels. Here is a blog post about side panels that you may find interesting.

https://dressthatwindow.com/drapery-side-panels-complete-the-look/

I know this picture isn't quite the same but since you said privacy is not an issue you could use a nice sheer fabric that will cut down of some of the glare but still show the beauty of that window.

Good luck!

• Cor
    6 år siden

I'm looking at the first commentators suggestion of putting the curtain rod at the top of the arch - I find it not pleasing to my eye. If it were my house, I think I'd place the curtain rod below the arched window. I'd keep the curtain rod simple and paint it the same color as the trim to make it "disappear."

• mtm1
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions. I only really need to block the sunlight mid to late afternoon. The rest of the day the sun dies not come in. We just moved into the house so I going to wait and see how it goes as the seasons change. I like the idea of the side panels. The view will only be hampered a few hours a day and I can live with that.
  • jbtanyderi
    6 år siden
    Use two roman shades on the lower windows. Put Vistafilm on the upper window, or make a frame to fit. Cover it with muslin, and then press it into place.
  • Sue Tamblyn
    6 år siden
    How about an outside curved striped 1/2 cafe awning? Will leave you to enjoy the view and keep the sun out.
  • btydrvn
    6 år siden
    We solved that problem by installing roll down shade cloth shades on the exterior of the house...you can see through them so you don't even need to give up the view...there doesn't appear to be room to add anything to the interior that will not obscure the view when open...I have also seen motorized awnings that roll in and out as needed...
  • btydrvn
    6 år siden
    This pic demonstrates visibility through shade cloth
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.