cylaena_muir

Suggestions for a window treatment for this please...

Cylaena Muir
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

A bath tub overlooking the ocean... my special request to my hubby. So I have to make it the most amazing part of the house. It's like our sunroom too from our master bedroom. I'm thinking of a sliding plantation shutter so I can still open to this amazing view as we can watch the sunset from there OR a motorised curtain but with a heavy tint on the glass? With plantation shutter, maybe just a lighter glass tint. Any suggestion please? Thanks.

(25) kommentarer

• PRO
    Deirdre Avenell
    6 år siden

Hi Cylaena,

Have you considered translucent glass louvres? Or perhaps a tinted film or decorative screen over a large picture window? With that view you obviously want to be able to see out, but as privacy may be an issue you may have to get a bit creative. Check out [this story[(https://www.houzz.com.au/magazine/windows-that-expose-your-bathroom-to-light-without-exposing-you-stsetivw-vs~54089763) to see if it helps with ideas.

Good luck!

Deirdre

• oklouise
    6 år siden

how much space is between the bath and the window would bifold plantation shutters be an option as sliders would still obscure some of the glass when open but my personal vote would be for a luxurious custom made "shower" curtain with sheers and a separate insulating nighttime privacy liner and ornamental curtain track that way the curtains can be open a little or a lot,,enjoy your gorgeous view

• User
    6 år siden

Either a double rolled blind (with transluscent and block out) or plantation shutters

• Julie Herbert
    6 år siden
    Also this looks fabulous, lucky you to have such a wonderful space and outlook.
    Cylaena Muir thanked Julie Herbert
  • Tilly
    6 år siden
    Definitely need to tint the window.

You really don't want to block the view in anyway but in order for the house to look good from the road you will need to tint all the front windows to match.

We too live on the coast, love tinted windows for privacy, tinted windows will work perfectly on your window because there is no light behind during the day.

For night, a simple roller blind.
    Cylaena Muir thanked Tilly
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden

what ever you use needs to match the other window treatment from the street view, Plantation shutters beautiful curtains. I would end up getting very wrinkly in that tub cheers

Cylaena Muir thanked siriuskey
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

you could use blinds that work this way, not sure how much traffic goes by, these blinds would cover the bath when you are in it and still allow you to see the view.

Otherwise people might think you're running a business, Copenhagen style haha.

• girlguides
    6 år siden
    What about sheer curtains you can draw completely back from window when bath not in use with a separate block out curtain for night use. Would be very glamorous. Enjoy
    Cylaena Muir thanked girlguides
  • PRO
    Cipriano Italian Home Design
    6 år siden

So many awesome ideas. Personally I would consider either the vertical wooden block outs for the aesthetic point at the front OR some curtains. Sheers and block outs. The combo of the both will look super luxy in your master and still give you the privacy you need, whilst ability to enjoy the view in full.

Good luck! Whatever you do, you have an awesome tub to relax in! Winner

Cylaena Muir thanked Cipriano Italian Home Design
    6 år siden
    Wish I had a dilemma like that, ha ha.
    Cylaena Muir thanked 94236633
  • PRO
    Wild Bear & Co Hervey Bay
    6 år siden
    What a stunning view! I'm not a designer so just a suggestion (which may or may not work) - what about a sliding door with shutters? Then you can slide closed when privacy is required or slide open to reveal total magnificence? Then they act as a feature on the walls either side when opened?
    Cylaena Muir thanked Wild Bear & Co Hervey Bay
  • LesleyH
    6 år siden
    The darker the day blind the more you can see through it. We have an electronic external blind. Another day blind inside, when closed, gives total privacy at night. During the day you would not know there were blinds there. Probably about $2,500 installed as the cost is mainly in the motor. Alternatively use the same blind material in a frame outside as it probably won't need to be raised during the day.
    Cylaena Muir thanked LesleyH
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden

shutters can be split so that you can have the upper part open while keeping the lower closed for privacy

• Cylaena Muir
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thanks everyone! This is my very first post here at houzz and more to come. :) So for this dilemma, I've decided my original plan which is the sliding plantation shutter so I don't need to put a heavy glass tinting that will alter the colour of my view. I think its called solar film neutral.

For the room divider from our masters to that sunroom will be like a balinese sheer curtain.

• Illuminide Interiors
    6 år siden

I personally would go with double roller remote controlled block out and sunscreen set. Full privacy when needed and the sunscreen will allow you to see out and not in during the day and allow you to see that fabulous view!

Cylaena Muir thanked Illuminide Interiors
  • Carli Beange
    6 år siden
    have you seen the 3M Thinsulate product? my home is tinted and insulated without losing my light. you would still need to work on the privacy aspect with some curtains/shutters though
    Cylaena Muir thanked Carli Beange
  • PRO
    Smith and Sons Renovations & Extensions Port Hills
    6 år siden

One of the biggest issues with shutters is the dusk and if you employ cedar they will fade unevenly in the sun. I think the best resolution lies in the glass. This will give you your privacy as well as low maintenance with the view unencumbered. There are glazing solutions that can be "switched on" to obscure for privacy. This may give you the best of both worlds.

Fantastic View what a great place for a bath...

Cylaena Muir thanked Smith and Sons Renovations & Extensions Port Hills
  • PRO
    SG2 architects + interiors
    6 år siden

Plantation shutters are good, I'd potentially look into seraphic glass to do something interesting to screen the street only. A simple retractable blind for night use, anything else will most likely create a barrier to your view otherwise.

Cylaena Muir thanked SG2 architects + interiors
  • Illuminide Interiors
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Minimalist bathroom needs minimalist window treatments, plantation louvers, vertisheer curtains will all clutter the visual space in the room, remember its all about that view and beautiful stand alone bath tub. Good luck with the decision Cylaena.

Cylaena Muir thanked Illuminide Interiors
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden

Now this is a beautiful window

• Anne
    6 år siden
    What about switch glass that changes from opaque to clear when you switch it on/off?
    Cylaena Muir thanked Anne
  • Emma X
    6 år siden
    Such a stunning simple window should be treated with a minimalist option in my opinion. I would not be choosing overpowering plantation shutters in this case. Lots of other excellent suggestions here I would be exploring.
    Cylaena Muir thanked Emma X
  • Cylaena Muir
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thank everyone ;)

• Kevin Anders
    3 år siden

You can use an automated blind, qualityblinds.com.au try designing this in here

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.