caroline_perry

colour of extension

C P
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

hello I thought I posted this last night but it wasn't here this morning so something must have gone awry.
Anyway our extension has matte black windows and monument roof.
Existing house will soon have monument roof and the windows are also monument.
Original house will probably be painted old stone wall (a porter's paint colour) and I had thought the render on extension could be a similar colour but now I think it needs to be darker closer to monument.
What do you think? I'll post pics in comments...

Thanks

(24) kommentarer

• C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
  • C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
  • C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
  • C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
  • C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    or is there a dark grey colour which will go with all my elements which isn't Monument?
  • bigreader
    6 år siden
    I'd match the colour to what you do on the existing house.
  • PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    6 år siden

I love Monument, even better on a whole house, walls, roof, windows, etc.!

However its a bit much for many people, so to err on the side of caution go with Old Stone same as what the existing house will be.

• C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    I should mention there is a connection walkway between old and new so it would work to do different colours it's not like it's backed on so to speak.
    This is the frame for the connecting walkway, this will be a window seat so will need to sort out the view!
    I was thinking all the back could be monument/darker grey as no windows on either side so could just leave facade old stone wall.
  • ton12h
    6 år siden
    I think if the extension has some separation from the original house then a different colour can look great, sometimes when you try to match it up it doesn't look quite right
  • girlguides
    6 år siden
    I think everything needs shades of light and dark
  • C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    wondering about something like this

https://goo.gl/images/twy4An
  • C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    I'm not sure how accurate we're going to be able to get the render colour anyway. It's over the polystyrene blocks.
  • C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    sorry lick light did you mean go monument or the dark porter's paint colour (or the old stone wall)
  • PRO
    Lick Light + Colour
    6 år siden
    Go monument
  • C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Lick light, apparently we are painting it now rather than just colouring render. recommended not to go dark colour as polystrene cladding doesn't absorb heat like bricks do and this keeps heat on the render layer. No major issues but will need to re-paint more often. So now wondering about all old stone wall. I did want to do an area of old house in monument as that is the view from kitchen window and thought it would blend more.
  • PRO
    Lick Light + Colour
    6 år siden
    I would find out how dark your allowed to go then look st what your options are , u could go a lighter shade of grey as long as the colour sits well with the old stone wall. Painting sections of the exterior in monument is likely to look messy, I would not advise that .
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden

so what happens if you use a lighter colour, will the heat still stay in the render but not attract as much heat?

• PRO
    Lick Light + Colour
    6 år siden
    Lighter colours attract and hold less heat yes . I told you I'm my first email that you could also use a dark colour if you use cool colour paint products as they also absorb less heat , but those paint products are about 4 times the price .
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden

Sounds like it might be worth it to get what you want, I not sure what aspect the new extension has.

• PRO
    Lick Light + Colour
    6 år siden
    I would be paying more for the paint and having what I wanted , try calling Resene paints or dulux for more Information about the cool colour paint tecnólogy , they will be able to advise u further
  • C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thanks for that, I'll see how dark I can go with standard.
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden

What happens if you go with the monument paint will it end up damaging the poly. Hebel is rendered and don't think it has a problem?

• C P
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    I think it will be fine but now it's not dye in render we can wait a little while.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.