oddbailey

Paint color help

oddbailey
6 år siden
My husband and I are replacing our old flat interior doors with new 4 panel doors but we are stuck on paint color. We want white but there are a lot of different whites. We have narrowed it down to Berkshire White, which is my husbands choice but seems a bit too yellow to me, Vivid White or Natural White. Our wall colour is Breadcrumb, at the bottom of the picture. We are leaving the wood trim as is. We would love your input.

(10) kommentarer

• bigreader
    6 år siden
    Not vivid white, too stark. But either Berkshire or Natural would look great.
  • User
    6 år siden

1/2 or 1/4 Breadcrumb. Same tones, different shade. 1/2 would blend (like Berkshire), 1/4 would be more stark. With the timber arch's I think 1/2 would be good.

• oddbailey
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    The walls are already painted in full breadcrumb, just doing the doors now.
  • PRO
    Lick Light + Colour
    6 år siden

I think your husband is right go for the Berkshire White , they need a warm white. Once the doors are painted they not going to look yellow at all. Ive used it on many projects. The colour is much softer than it looks in the paint chip.

• philippawright
    6 år siden

A few things to consider here.

Can you get a test pot and try it - if you can't do you have access to Resene as they have a full range of small testpots and many whites.

I think the better option is to take a small container and add 1 tablespoons of breadcrumb and add 4 T of undercoat paint and mix and test on the door - this should pretty much approximate 1/4 breadcrumb to see the contrast.

Remember doors have two sides and need to work with your other room colours so it may be better to pick a neutral that goes with all and can be used in other places in the house.

Remember the door is currently white so consider which sample is closest to what the door is now and decide if you want it lighter or darker or whiter or ? You may need to get more samples - to save brining them all home you could match them at the hardware store where you got your door. but the light will differ

Good luck

• KK1000
    6 år siden
    Since you are not painting the trim you will have 3 colours on the wall plus floor colour and furniture etc. I think it would be to busy looking so in my opinion paint the door same colour as the wall or paint the door and the trim same colour.
  • oddbailey
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Sorry Mel, I misunderstood. I love your idea thanks!
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden

I agree with oskee that if you are changing the doors to a more traditional 4 panel it would be best to paint the wooden door frames and narrow skirting the same as the walls cheers

• Tilly
    6 år siden
    Whisper white Dulux
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.