steve_denyer54

What's the best way of attaching fence to improve appearance of walls

Steve Denyer
6 år siden
Hi, so we are going to be renovating the garden and I want to cover up these horrendous walls and gain a little more privacy.
I was thinking about attaching some fencing to the walls, but I don't want the fence to collapse in a year or so or under a strong wind.
I was initially thing about using decking and screwing it to the walls but I heard this is quite heavy...I'm just trying to work out the best solution. So has anyone done this before and what would you recommend as an effective and aesthetically pleasing solution?

Thanks in advance

(5) kommentarer

• A B
    6 år siden

I think rendered walls look great in modern gardens. I'd make a feature of them by painting them and disguising the dodgy bits with a few carefully positioned pot plants! It would look great to attach a small modern fence to the top and a floating bench too. I assume a builder could do this but no idea how!

• Sonia
    6 år siden
    I would get it re-rendered if possible. Render comes in many colours, including white, so painting would not be necessary. You will need a plasterer or builder to do this, and get them to tidy up the wall (remove that odd higher bit!). It will make such a difference and may even be cheaper than fencing?
  • A B
    6 år siden
    Agree re rendering would be best. I assumed it would cost loads not sure why!
  • GardenFairyGodmother GFG
    6 år siden
    Paint it and add some trellis on top. There was a episode of the Instant Gardener ( still available on BBC iPlayer) which he made over a concrete back yard. He also added big troughs and pots as well as artificial turf!
  • PRO
    Touch Landscapes
    6 år siden
    Hi Steve, Sounds like a rewarding project. I think once you've covered the blemishes in the wall some horizontal cedar cladding would look really stunning on top. You could also use this as a framework for training climbers such as jasmine or clematis over it.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.