gillian_eve

Need help for staircase

Gillian Eve
6 år siden

I have to build a staircase to join 2 floors and even though I have limited space, I decided not to go for the circular style since I feel it is not very practical - style is like the one in the reference photo). However, the ceiling of the ground floor is high so I would need to add more steps (which is not ideal because it will be eating space from my living). Are there any hacks which can help me not increase the staircase space? Perhaps adding one large step before the staircase starts? Help!

(8) kommentarer

• Gillian Eve
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Yes! Agreed, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder if I could keep the same style whilst adding the winder (perhaps in a different style, just for that bit). Thanks so much

• Jonathan
    6 år siden
    If space is limited then a straight stair is easier to put something under thereby getting the most out of ever square meter.
    You can also build furniture and storage under a stair that turns
  • PRO
    The Stair Guru
    6 år siden
    Like Hepsom homes said, the six tread winder allows you to put six steps where the half landing only has one, this greatly reduces the over length of the bottom and top staircase and most winders can fit in spaces as little as 1800x1800 mm (depending on the floor to floor height and therefore the number of risers) They are far more comfortable to use than spirals which have very strict building control rules
    Gillian Eve thanked The Stair Guru
  • PRO
    Verge Group
    6 år siden

Here's a few ideas

Tadmor Street · Mere information

Make an entrance · Mere information

Ronnie Wood's Former Painting Studio Becomes Luxury City Apartment · Mere information

Gillian Eve thanked Verge Group
  • Gillian Eve
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

I wouldn't be able to put a straight staircase because the room on top is very small so I would lose space for the opening of the staircase on the top floor. I can't start the staircase like the 2nd photo because there is a door opening on the side of it and so it would block the entrance.

I will definitely suggest the six tread winder then to save some space, thanks so much :)

• Gillian Eve
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

same idea and very beautiful

• PRO
    The Stair Guru
    6 år siden
    Here's some more examples, the first picture is a landing but can be made as a winder, the second image is a winder with a coat store below the second section of stair
    Gillian Eve thanked The Stair Guru
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.