laura_gibson78

Garden paving ideas

Laura G
6 år siden
We have just installed a path through our garden with blue slate chipping. We now want to rip up the patio and install a new one, as you can see in the picture there are currently 3 different types of patio stones!
Could anyone advise us on what they think would work? Quite keen to get something like slate but not sure if that's too matching and maybe we need a contrast?
Thank you very much

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Alexandra Froggatt Design
    6 år siden
    Hi laura, slate paving tends to be quite a pale- mid grey rather than the dark grey of your slate chippings so it could complement well. A contrast with a buff sawn sandstone such as fossil mint could look gorgeous though and the warm colour would tone with your grey/ brown furniture
  • PRO
    Strata Natural Stone Exteriors
    6 år siden

Hi Laura,

There are a number of slate products with different finishes that may work for you. Have a look at the link here for Rustic Slate - at the bottom of the page there are other options that would provide a contrast as mentioned by Alexandra above.

• PRO
    Eliza Gray Gardens
    6 år siden

Hi Laura

Just wondering, what is the finish on your house? I can see some red brick, but is there any other finish?

I would look at edging the slate with red bricks in a soldier bond, i.e. skinny edge next to the path. This will help tie in the garden to the house. You could look at using red bricks as a highlight to edge to the rustic slate if you don't want a contrast.

This could be too dark though, depending on the feel of the whole garden - if you feel it will be, Alexandra's suggestion of fossil mint would look great.

Good luck!

• Laura G
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thank you all.
    The house is red brick Victorian and there are already some red bricks and sleepers used in the garden. I'm open to any ideas but can't decide whether to match the slate chippings with a similar patio colour or whether it should contrast with something paler?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.