dolphinbaby

2 bathrooms? 1 large? Or 1 full and 1 half?

Ana
6 år siden
Hi! I am currently remodeling my house that is a 4/2. The guest bathroom measures 128"x92" from the outside walls. The architect seems to think we can squeeze 2 full baths in there but subtract the 8" for the walls and they become very small. What do you think? Should we do a half bath and then a full bath? Or 2 full bathrooms that will be quite small? The other idea I had was to make one a shower and the bigger one a tub. Please anybody with ideas for that size space? Thanks!

(16) kommentarer

• Tammy Lawhorn
    6 år siden
    I agree with Patricia. You should be ok with two full baths. Do pedestal sinks with glass shelves instead of closed cabinetry. That will make it look roomier.
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

It depends WHO will be using each bath and how often. Answer that first please.

• greenfish1234
    6 år siden
    For resale at the very least-2 full. Standing shower and pedestal as Tammy and Patricia said in the guest would leave more room for the master, although I would prefer the tub in the guest bathroom and a nice standing shower for myself. I would maximize storage and counter space in the master. No way could I get ready every day at a pedestal sink. You would end up squeezing in free-standing furniture to supplement space lost with a pedestal. Your architect can help you design the most utilitarian cabinet design.
  • jck910
    6 år siden

Are you talking about making the guest bath 2 baths? And there is already a full master bath?

• PRO
    Curb Appeal Fixers Landscaping
    6 år siden
    Two hall bathrooms would work well in this space it's good to keep one side with tub and the other with a shower, it's good for resale...
  • PRO
    Curb Appeal Fixers Landscaping
    6 år siden
    Sample layout?
  • greenfish1234
    6 år siden
    Something like this, very rough. Steal as much space as possible for the master.
  • Ana
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thanks to all who commented!! ❤️. We already have a large master in the plans. This is the guest/cabana bath. We are a family of 4 and I don't like the idea of my kids sharing a bathroom with guests so that's where this idea was started :)
  • Ana
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    These are the plans for that side of the house. The space is 128x92 from the outside walls. He has 2 bathrooms drawn in there. I guess from the comments, it's doable. Thank you!
  • pooks1976
    6 år siden

I know I am in the minority, but I hate cramped bathrooms with tiny vanities or pedestal sinks. And since you already have a master I wouldn't force this space to become 2 cramped bathrooms. If there was a way to thoughtfully configure a powder room plus full bath, that would be my preference.

• greenfish1234
    6 år siden
    Aha. That changes things. My kids bathroom has a first section with two vanities across from one another, A pocket door, and on the other side the shower and toilet. I love this set up, because there is less fighting (can't say NO fighting) over the bathroom. I wonder if you might be able to do something like this with the space given a half bath on one side. Do you have guests overnight often?
  • Ana
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    We do have guests often but more than anything we have a large family that is always over for dinner :). I'm leaning towards a powder room + full bath but everyone seems to think 2 full baths is the way to go even if they are hobbit sized.
  • greenfish1234
    6 år siden
    Ana I think that was before people realized that you already had a MB. I have 2 2/2 and although it would be nice to have a guest room with a full bath, I wouldn't turn my powder room in to a full OR shrink the kid's bathroom to achieve that.
  • greenfish1234
    6 år siden
    Oops I meant I have 2 1/2 baths.
  • joycedjay
    6 år siden
    I wouldn't want my guests to use the childrens' bathroom. A powder room can be very compact. Then make the other Bath as large as possible for your children. If they don't need a tub, just do a shower.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.