sgander

Curtains Needed -Or Not?

sgander
6 år siden
Please could you all advise us on what kind of curtains or panels we need for our living room. Or do we need them at all?

The room feels unfinished without them but I'm worried they'll look old fashioned. However with winter drawing in it would feel warmer.

I love what I've done with the new flat so far but it needs to feel warmer. Colour scheme is back, gold , neutrals.

Can't decide on fabric or colour either. I don't want anything too billowy and probably no pattern but other than that I'm pretty stuck.

(18) kommentarer

• sgander
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thanks so much Minnie. I appreciate all suggestions. I've added a sheepskin on one of the Chinese horseshoe chairs and a black thrown on my sofas.

You're right that texture is definitely needed. Eucalyptus in a vase on the kitchen island? I can try it. and yes, a potted is missing from the photo but I do have basil there.

Thanks too for the photos as I'm terrible at imagining things without seeing them first. Not sure about the overarching lamp and the curtains still look old fashioned to me with all the pleats!

• Danielle H
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

I would second Silent Gliss but how about a panel glide system instead if the pleats of the wave system are too much? They have different systems and styles.

• minnie101
    6 år siden

Lol, there are a lot of pleats! I agree panels could also work and a couple of other options below. you could always add a rug in the living space to zone that if you don't want any kind of window treatment and maybe have some lowish plants behind the chinese chairs on the balcony? The floor lamp was just to vary the height and they add cosiness but can't tell if it would work from the photo, is that a fire behind?

• sgander
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Hi Danielle, I love the panels! But how many rails do they need? I don't live in the US so I haven't heard of Silent Gliss.

• sgander
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thanks again Minnie! The panels or the roller blinds might be an option. Do you think white would work? Yes, there's an oddly placed fireplace behind.

• Danielle H
    6 år siden
    Where are you based? I’m in the UK. If they’re available where you are they should be able to send a rep out to you. I think the track can go up to 5 rails wide but how wide it is will depend on how many panels you need and each panels width. If you can’t get silent gliss where you are I’m sure there will be other companies that supply panel systems :)
  • sgander
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Hi Danielle. I'm in Switzerland.
  • sgander
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Hi Minnie. I've added two black throws but not sure how to drape them.
    And the fur on a Chinese chair. Any more ideas?! The space does need warming up. My husband wants some colour but I'm not sure.
  • Danielle H
    6 år siden
    That’s funny, silent gliss headquarters are in Switzerland so you should definitely be able to get them over there! They’ll have a partners list on their website where you can find a local stockist.
  • PRO
    Kluk Construction Ltd
    6 år siden

Hi, I think is good as it is. Keep it bright.

• minnie101
    6 år siden

Hi. As the cushion arrangement is formal I like the way you've just folded one of the throws on the arm. I'd do the same for the other sofa but move it to the other arm. Sheepskin looks good, I'd probably arrange it on a slight diagonal but I like the way it is! Have you tried the table with the orchid next to the other Chinese chair? Do you have anything over the fire? I don't know how easy they are to source but 1 or 3 vintage coolie (rice/paddy) hats could look good and add texture? I didn't realise you had a light over the table, have you thought of a statement one? These are both from westelm. Would you consider a rug at all?

• sgander
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

I LOVE the last light and I think something like that will be perfect over the dining table. I can't order from West Elm as your voltage is different from Europe's but I'll try to find something similar. Thank you so much!

We had planned to put three different Tom Dixon beats above the dining table but it is all too much so we need to find somewhere else for them.

I have tried the table with the orchid on the other side of the Horseshoe Chairs but that leaves a strange corner and somehow it didn't work.

I don't think I want too much near the fireplace as it has a lot of stuff around it already. I'll take a photo and post it up here.

• sgander
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Danielle: thanks for finding that out for me! I've only been here a few months as we've been 30+ years in Hong Kong. I'll contact Silent Gliss and see what they have for me.

• sgander
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Here is the fireplace
  • sgander
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

I haven't misaligned the artwork over the fireplace btw! There is an ugly knob that opens the chimney flue right there so I hung the art to cover it. It isn't ideal.

• minnie101
    6 år siden

D'oh! Hopefully you can find something very similar there are certainly a number available here. The Tom Dixon lights would go well it. Perhaps over the island instead? I agree I wouldn't add anything to the fireplace. I can see you've brought a few things back from HK, it must be a bit of a change in lifestyle for you!

• sgander
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Huge change but beautiful!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.