7formimi

Sink for kitchen update

Melba Good
6 år siden

We just purchased a home built in 1990 and needing major updates. My current home has stainless steel appliances. I know they're all the rage but having lived with them for three years, I've confirmed that I don't like them. I like white, and I'm putting white in the 'new' house against a good friend's advice. We're putting in hardwood floors, granite countertops, and painting the cabinets white (of course). My question/dilemma, is it ok to to have a stainless steel sink if you're buying white appliances?

(8) kommentarer

• beth09
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

is it ok to to have a stainless steel sink if you're buying white appliances?

I would say, absolutely. I have Bisque appliances with a SS sink and it worked fine. Are you set on SS? Is there a particular reason?

And good for you for going with what you want! However, you are making me doubt my decision to go stainless in my reno. I've had white or Bisque all my life, and felt I needed a change. But I wonder if I will like the upkeep....

• jhmarie
    6 år siden

Yes, it is fine, but if you like white appliances (as I do) a white cast iron sink looks pretty.

When I changed out my counters, I got a Kohler Whitehaven "short apron" style farm sink which can be installed on a standard sink base cabinet. I love it - if you like that style.

I do have some painted cabinets in my home (laundry and powder room) but I did not paint my kitchen cabinets:)

https://www.houzz.com/photos/my-pics-work-in-progress-phvw-vp~93784356

• Melba Good
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thanks. The main reason for the SS sink is because I didn’t specify that I wanted a white cast iron sink & the contractor used the cost of SS in his quote. When I compared sink costs after the fact, the cast iron is 2 to 3 times more than SS.
  • auntthelma
    6 år siden

That's what I have. Have had in my past two kitchens.

• PRO
    Justine Marie Designs
    6 år siden

Yes, stainless steel sinks with white appliances are completely fine! I was also going to recommend a white cast iron but I see that you already considered that. They are much more expensive..

• jhmarie
    6 år siden

Totally understandable. Keep in mind that it is not easy to change out an undermount sink. It needs to last and you need to like it - for a long time. I nearly fell off my chair when I first saw the price of my sink ($960) - delayed my refresh 3 months to save up extra for it. However, it is one of the hardest working parts of the kitchen. I decided it was worth the extra cost. I try to be frugal - one reason I kept my original cabinets - so it was a hard decision, but I don't regret it one bit. Every day I am thankful I was able to get that sink.

• beth09
    6 år siden

Melba, the reason I asked if you were set on SS, is that if you weren't I had another option. And this one is more reasonably priced. It's what I am getting, after reading all the rave reviews on here, and researching it. It seems to be just about totally bullet proof and easy to care for. Also comes in lots of colors. (and they will send you small samples!)

Blanco Silgranit sink

Please disregard if you are already aware. ;)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.