rettad

NJ Beach home front door

Should I paint or refinish and in what color?

(8) kommentarer

• Loretta Hutchinson
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Agreed not sure how to make it a bit more of a modern feel short of replacing it which at this time is not an option
  • schnable1
    6 år siden
    Is it possible to replace glass with plain, not etched?
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 år siden

It's the oval Victorian style glass insert that's throwing it off. Since you can't replace it or the door, then just paint it. have no idea what your house looks like, so just try and do a color that goes w/what you have. a dark forest green, a green/gray, a glossy gray, or go bright and pick a contrasting shade to whatever is on your house.

• User
    6 år siden

Paint it black and while ur at it - paint the dogs nose, he could use it. Lol

j/k

:)

• Loretta Hutchinson
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Hmmm....so didn’t think of just replacing the glass. I’ll look into that. And yes agreed the etching is throwing it off. And it’s gold etching to boot...not the beach coastal casual look I’m trying to achieve.

Lol..So yes Libby’s nose tends to lighten in the sun and darken in the winter...weird but she is such a love bug.

Ty all for your insight. I’ll follow up in a few months and show you the finished product.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 år siden

Loretta,,,check on Craigslist for Exterior Doors. sometimes you luck out and find some great deals. you could find a solid wood one that fits your style. Plus, you could also sell yours on there to help w/the cost.

• PRO
    MarketPlace Designs
    6 år siden

Just as a mention, you should know that stained wood doors, such as yours, are beautiful, yet somewhat difficult to repair if they ever incur deep scratches, perhaps from moving in/out, or as a main entry have alot of equipment or sports gear coming and going. Painted doors can be spot sanded, filled if needed and always given a fresh coat. Good luck.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.