kwest0528

Color to warm up taupe couch

kwest0528
6 år siden

Hi, I need help choosing accent colors to "warm up" my family room.

I would like to incorporate color in the form of curtains, accent pillows, & throw blankets, but I need help choosing which colors.

My AREA RUG Is Jute. My SECTIONAL Is Taupe (It's "chunky otter" by klaussner to be specific.) The PAINT COLOR is "Revere Pewter" is the paint color.

what color do you think I should use? Any and all advice is welcome and appreciate :)

(18) kommentarer

• kwest0528 thanked jck910
  • PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    6 år siden

I would add drapery panels that had some color. Consider an Ikat print that is primarily blue or green but has some other colors like terra-cotta, yellow, white and red possibly. You can use the drapery fabric to pull out throw pillow colors to place on the furniture. Have fun with this project!

kwest0528 thanked Gray & Walter, Ltd.
  • rosesstink
    6 år siden

What colors do you like and what colors do you not want around you?

kwest0528 thanked rosesstink
  • just_terrilynn
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

I would layer an oriental rug on top with 2' to 3' of fiber rug showing. A round coffee table would look good. After you pick a rug you can decide on the rest. Google oriental layered over natural fiber rug for inspiration. Also, a single original oil would look nice in place of the small groupings.

There is too much square going on with the squareness of the sectional and heavy squareness of the end and coffee tables.

kwest0528 thanked just_terrilynn
  • er612
    6 år siden

kwest0528 thanked er612
  • p k
    6 år siden

This is such a nice, neutral palette in a bright, sunny space. I think you could add virtually any accent color--what colors do you love? I think any shade of orange or a deep red would really warm up the room, but a bright yellow or teal would liven things up, too. The nice thing with throws and pillows is that you can easily adapt your color scheme if/when you'd like a change.

kwest0528 thanked p k
  • emmarene9
    6 år siden

You have warm color flooring, warm color rug, warm upholstery. I am puzzled that you feel you must 'warm things up' I would add cool colors and I really like the images that ER612 made with blue curtains.

kwest0528 thanked emmarene9
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    6 år siden

Yes, er612's first image with the darker teal curtains would be my choice. I think that colour or navy look great with the slightly yellow jute rug.

kwest0528 thanked miss lindsey (She/Her)
  • kulrn
    6 år siden

Personally, I like a neutral room. I don't like your rug for your space though. That and maybe more interesting curtains would be the only thing I would change. Add a little texture and color through Pillows and curtains.

kwest0528 thanked kulrn
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    6 år siden

Calm aqua/green curtains go good with taupe.

Calm aqua/green curtains look good with taupe.

kwest0528 thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • just_terrilynn
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Is this a painting or a "on" TV on the far wall? It looks like a painting when enlarged. Did you want to pull from those colors? Are you still here?

kwest0528 thanked just_terrilynn
  • eld6161
    6 år siden

I love jute rugs, but I think the coloring is what is throwing thing a bit off. I agree with layering a rug onto and then pulling a color from the rug for the drapes.

kwest0528 thanked eld6161
  • Maria Privat
    6 år siden

Here are some neutral living rooms with several different accent colors.

Maybe one or two of these pictures appeal more to you than the others?

kwest0528 thanked Maria Privat
  • PRO
    Window Designs Etc. by Marie Mouradian
    6 år siden

Beautiful family room, kwest. You have made some great decor decisions so far. selecting a neutral sofa, rug and walls give you a great base to accessorize. To warm up the room, I suggest adding in burgundy, orange and deep chocolate brown. I love the others suggestion to add a small overlay area rug. If that's to your liking, get that first. Then you can pull out the colors for the pillows and throws. The windows call for a patterned fabric. Perhaps a somewhat neutral color scheme to work with the walls and floor. That way you can change out the pillows and throws as the seasons change. Window treatments are more of a staple than an accent. Happy decorating!

kwest0528 thanked Window Designs Etc. by Marie Mouradian
  • kwest0528
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thanks for all of your help. I decided to go with Houzz User MRSS and add whites, ivory, and some silver sparkle. I appreciate all of your input!!! Thanks again!!

• PRO
    VRA Interiors, LLC
    6 år siden

Layering a rug on top of the one you already have is an option. You can see below we did it for a client:

• kulrn
    6 år siden

I still think the rug is throwing things off. The layering could bring it together.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.