heathsky1231

do I use different size cabinet pulls for larger drawers?

marie armstrong
6 år siden

I have drawers that range in size. some very large and some quite small. Do I need to vary the size of the cabinet pulls? To me the different sizes don't seem aesthetically pleasing but I am not an proficient at any of this. Would just like some opinions on what some options are. Also, could I put knobs on smaller drawers and put the same size cabinet pull on the larger drawers?

(9) kommentarer

• PRO
    Jake Spurgeon, AKBD
    6 år siden
    Definitely use different size pulls. I always recommend this to my clients! The hardware should be proportionate to the size of the door/drawer.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 år siden

I agree it is always the best look IMO.

• simstress
    6 år siden
    Agree with above. For reference, I used 13" pulls on 36" drawers. I don't like knobs and didn't install any.
  • janedoe2012
    6 år siden
    If the drawers are stacked, and the same width, I would not do different lengths. But a beefier pull on a taller drawer, sure. Longer pulls on a different set of drawers, sure.

I think variation in pulls (that makes sense) would definitely add a more custom element. And think about it - you would never put the same size pull on a paneled sub-zero as you would on a small drawer, right? Form follows function.

P.S. I don't think anyone was suggesting different lengths on stacked doors, but figured it couldn't hurt to clarify.
  • acm
    6 år siden

I'll argue the other way -- I like all the same size pulls for uniformity. If a drawer is very long, it's better handled with two pulls anyway. Exception is the crazy small drawer (like 6" or 9") that pretty much has to have a smaller pull in order to use one at all. It may depend on the style of your house too.

(That last photo is the only smaller pull in my kitchen.)

• marie armstrong
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Yes all of the drawers are the same in length from left to right. just the width from top to bottom is bigger. Thank you for all of the advice and photos...certainly helps give me a little clarity!

• Linda Nordling-Coisman
    6 år siden

I know I want different size pulls for different size drawers/cabinets, but am having trouble finding matching ones! Please help direct me where to go?

• sclaycomb
    6 år siden
    Houseofantiquehardware has lots of different sizes pulls and other hardware. Also build.com.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.