krms1

Hi, we want to replace a window & install glass blocks to our house.

krms1
10 år siden
The wall will be part of the shower. The sales guy here in Adelaide tells us that we have to use the Alloy frame but it looks horrible. It seems from the pictures on Houzz that a lot of people don't use the frame, can you help.
I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Keith
Tropical island influenced guest cottage · Mere information

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Elite Construction Services Inc.
    10 år siden
    Hi Keith
    We used a frame for the surround so that we could build glass block inside it. The frame allows you to do the exterior weatherproofing as in a conventional window. However you can cover up the frame like we did with the tile on the inside and the trim on the outside as shown in these pictures.
  • PRO
    J-Tech Construction
    8 år siden

I would say if you do not like the aesthetics of it to request a cover on the frame.

• PRO
    Innovate Building Solutions
    8 år siden

Glass block windows can be made with or without a frame. The vinyl framed windows are easier to install (as Elite says above) but if you have odd dimensions in a remodeling project a "frameless" glass block window would be best. I will include links to pages on both framed and frameless windows so you can see the difference (note with the frameless windows there are often installation considerations which should be made to make sure the project lasts - call us with any questions):

Framed glass block windows

Frameless glass block windows

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.