barbara_t93

Did the cabinets get refinished?

Barbara T
6 år siden
I have maple cabinets with a catalyzed finish and wonder if they can be refinished?
Interiors · Mere information

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Eric Linkins Custom Painting
    6 år siden

Hi Barbara,

We can paint over lacquer cabinets, we use Fine Paints of Europe oil primer first and then coat them out with Fine Paints of Europe Hollandlac paint.

• Barbara T
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thanks. We are just using that paint for outside shutters and it is amazing. The woodshop that made them primed them with an oil based primer though so we didn't reprime. Hope that was OK.

• PRO
    6 år siden

That should be fine!

• Barbara T
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

The kitchen cabinets are a project for the future but you are on my list to call when we need painting. Sounds like you are thorough and I get fed up with having to tell workmen how to do things properly!

• PRO
    6 år siden

Thank you, look forward to hearing from you!

• Barbara T
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

We could have done with you last week but "water under the bridge" now as my husband painted new exterior cedar shutters with FPE Hollandac after the woodworker had primed them. We have used the paint before and had no issues but this time apparently we should have put FPE primer on as well as the top coats. Since the shutters that didn't get replaced will be due for a repaint in a few years we will just live with these slightly blotchy new shutters until then but my husband won't be doing any more paint jobs with FPE and certainly not expensive maple kitchen cabinets!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.