alicedpayne

laundry room budget

alicedpayne
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

What's the typcial budget for a small laundry room area with custom cabinets, a sink and a stone countertop?

(17) kommentarer

• rococogurl
    6 år siden

Whatever one can afford. It totally depends on size, the costs in your area, what the value of the house supports and what you choose. No norms,

• PRO
    Symmetry Closets
    6 år siden

You might want to consider a more economical alternative. With the Laundry Rooms on the main floor nowadays, right by the kitchen, everyone wants to have a look that harmonizes with the kitchen style. You can work with a custom closet company to design custom built cabinets from melamine. With the new melamine textures and beautiful door and drawer styles that are now available, it can be a close match to your kitchen (if that's what you're looking to do).

alicedpayne thanked Symmetry Closets
  • Snaggy
    6 år siden

10-20K for a bloody laundry room !

• acm
    6 år siden

@Snaggy People want every room in the house to be a glamor site if possible...

• enduring
    6 år siden

Yes, expensive. Plumb in at least 2 places. Venting into the wall and out the side of the house. 240v wiring as well as multiple 120v outlets for appliances and etc. It could be like a small kitchen.

• Snaggy
    6 år siden

But but 10-20K !!!!!

• User
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Just the washer and dryer can be 4K. 10K is reached at no time at all, and for nothing Houzz fancy. Add the crystal chandelier, specialty tile floor, and decent cabinets with stone counters and you are easily at 20K.

• Snaggy
    6 år siden

Why are the washer and dryer so expensive in the US ! If you bought high end washer and a dryer in the UK .you could get it for less than 2K !

• woodteam5
    6 år siden

Talk to a few contractors. Price will depend on your location, how your home is set up and if you are willing to do work also.

I put in a laundry room upstairs near the bedrooms for around $5,000 and it is IMO beautiful. Contractor got the permits, framed, sheet rocked, brought in the plumbing, recessed lights and other electrical, But, I tiled the floor myself, painted the walls, used Home Depot cabinets and my husband made hardwood counter tops. Of course your price will go up if you pay to have everything done, buy custom cabinets and do stone counters.

alicedpayne thanked woodteam5
  • User
    6 år siden

Just the washing machine. No dryer. And no setup. You’re at 8K just for machines. To do a Designer room to a level that matches that choice, you’re probably past 20K.

• dadoes
    6 år siden

Miele is high-end and not necessary for majority of households. A workable frontload washer can be had for $700 and up.

• armjim
    6 år siden

I have built a new home in Texas and we spared no expense. I can tell you we did not spend nor needed to spend $20K for a laundry room. For less than $8K a beautiful room with nice cabinetry and upgraded features can be had. It may not meet some snooty person's standards but most of the rest of us would think the room is lovely and functional.

alicedpayne thanked armjim
  • woodteam5
    6 år siden

I didn't add the washer and dryer to my budget as I already had those. I thought the question was more about the cost of room set up.

• armjim
    6 år siden

Woodteam I would love to see pictures of your room. The pride of having done a lot of the work yourself has got to be very gratifying.

• woodteam5
    6 år siden

Thanks armjim, I'll try to post some soon

• alicedpayne
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thanks all!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.