mcoddington

Oakland Hills Midcentury Modern: Living Room

Prior to being renovated, my home had all the markings of a midcentury modern style home but just needed a little help achieving its full potential. The white, textured checkered ceiling, checkered wood tiles around the fireplace and arched doorways all added a sense of character to the home. However, the overall feeling was outdated and didn’t highlight the existing bones of the home in any way.

In the redesign, the dull beige carpet was pulled up and I put in new hardwood flooring. I chose a medium wood tone to complement the existing style and finishes of the space. We put up fresh paint to give the open area a blank slate. A bright, white paint was chosen for the trim color and to repaint the ceiling tiles. This fresh coat helps highlight the texture and gives the tiles new life. Benjamin Moore Sandlot Gray was chosen for the walls. It has a slight mauve tone to it which acts as the perfect neutral for the wood tones to be set against. Before there was no contrast between the trim, ceiling and walls. With the fresh paint, the trim and ceiling pop in the bright white and are an interesting visual feature rather than an afterthought.

Playful window treatments, along with a mix of vintage and new furniture complete this mid-century modern space. Varying finishes and textures, such as velvet, hide, shagreen, wood and metal act cohesively to pull together the space.

(4) kommentarer

• zealart
    6 år siden

great. New floors and paint and the paneling and ceiling actually work with this space.

Coddington Design thanked zealart
  • PRO
    Oakwood Automation
    6 år siden

I love the look of these rooms!

Coddington Design thanked Oakwood Automation
  • PRO
    Verona Home Design
    6 år siden

Interesting look!

Coddington Design thanked Verona Home Design
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    6 år siden

Nicely done!

Coddington Design thanked Mega Builders
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.