jiang_nina

Need opinions on what wall color should I put

Jiang Nina
10 år siden
I am a rookie, just bought this house n still can't figure out what kind of color is the wood, and most of all, what color should I put on d wall, or should I just paint the wood white?

Tks

(16) kommentarer

• Jiang Nina
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    White?
  • Morten Storgaard
    10 år siden
    I would always go for white normally, but seems like you have a lot of light, so you could paint one wall another color!
  • cathrinel
    10 år siden
    Paint the walls beige/cream color, but leave the ceiling and all the trimmings white
  • PRO
    LDK for Home & Garden
    10 år siden
    What color is your floor tile?
  • Jiang Nina
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thank u guys, The floor tiles are those old style small white with a bit dirty grey, I do want to paint all the trims n doors white and then put some colors on the wall. But I am overwhelmed by how many walls are there, need to come out with a series of colors to distinguish different function of the rooms, but still same theme, any suggestions? Ps, we do get a lot of lights here.
  • PRO
    LDK for Home & Garden
    10 år siden
    Your kitchen/eating area not only has light, but also different wall and ceiling planes. If you like a modern vibe why not try experimenting with different greys that have a brown undertone? Then accessorize with color. The tile grout can be altered.
  • PRO
    LDK for Home & Garden
    10 år siden
    Color is tricky and you have a lot of brown which is why I suggest a warm undertone. Try Sherwin Williams Curio Gray SW 0024. I suggest obtaining a 4 x 4 large, smooth white board-like material and paint it; then you can see the color in different areas at different times of the day. Much less expensive than painting and covering over samples on the wall!
  • PRO
    LDK for Home & Garden
    10 år siden
    Oh-one more thing! Caution on having another manufacturer "match" paint color. They all have their own color line based on their formulas so color match can be close - or not. I also suggest flat finishes because touch ups are easy. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
  • Geneviève
    10 år siden
    This one

Brandon Beige 977 by Benjamin Moore · Mere information
    ]
  • Jiang Nina
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    thanks guys, for the suggestions, I also went to home depot today, got dizzy by all those colors from different manufactures.... too confusing..... I think I will go with the grey/beige look alike for the main theme in the house, and paint the brown window frames and trims white/cream white.... you guys think okay? any idea how much would it cost to hire a painter?
  • elcieg
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    i don't know Behr paint, but I hear it is a wonderful product. I went to H D last week and pick up this great sample: 480 e 1,2,3. Beautiful blue/green which may work with the dark wood.

Cool House Tour 2008 · Mere information
  • derk5
    10 år siden
    Your house has lots of beautiful natural stained wood trim. Why do you want to paint it? Instead, why not go with neutral wall color that complements the wood stain and add color accessories to personalize each room?
  • Amie Horvath
    10 år siden
    Looks like Oak trim and wood work - I'd try to keep the oak or replace it through the whole house with a white - we did this in a 80s house we had. It's not an expensive project and looks alot nicer - kitchen walls: the safest option would be to do with a warm earth tone creme or something with just a little yelllow. Or you can bring the green in from outside. We went with a pine green paint on the wall where our door was and over our cabinets on an adjoining wall in our last house - we had pines in the back - it looked really good, but we did repaint it to a neutral prior to selling - not everyone feels green. (if you plan on replacing the trim - find the area with the least amount of room -window casing to wall or door- and make sure you buy molding that is the same size as your current molding or will fit that space) We went with a standard colonial and it was the same size as the plain old cheap oak 80s molding that needed an update.
  • micstamper
    10 år siden
    I love the wood trim. There was an article recently on Houzz about which colors work well with wood trim with several good examples. We chose a green (Valspar "Grandma's Linen") for our kitchen and love it. The wood looks great with it and it has really changed the appearance of the room by having the right shade on the walls. Good luck but I would love to see you keep the wood trim instead of painting it white.
  • Jiang Nina
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    After some serious consideration, I think I will go for 3 stages, 1st: paint the whole house first without paint over the trim, baseboard and the door; 2nd, if that doesn't look good, I will paint over them; 3rd, if that also doesn't work, i think i will replace the whole baseboard. Can anyone give me some idea on how much would it cost to paint a 2300sft house? tks a lot
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.