eyk1987

Need help with my laundry/pantry room

eyk1987
10 år siden
This is my laundry room which I also use partly as pantry room. It is 66" x 109" Need help in design ideas to utilize the space efficiently as both pantry & laundry. Any help would be appreciated!

(14) kommentarer

• Allison Burnfield McAteer
    10 år siden
    If the budget allows get a new dryer and sink and extend the countertop all the way across. Habitat for humanity probably has a sink that will work. Paint the far wall a bright color with a bright curtian.
  • eyk1987
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thank you for your comment. : ) I have the budget to renovate the room, just needed some advise. I know, this room really needs an overhaul!
  • Kristin Maynes
    10 år siden
    Maybe a full size stackable washer/dryer would work...to free up more space for your pantry items. Here's a link to some great laundry rooms. http://pinterest.com/quaintcottage/pantry-laundry-room/
  • PRO
    Alair Homes Solon
    10 år siden
    I think Kristen has the right idea. I see you already have front loading appliances. You should check with the manufacturer. They might offer a kit to stack the washer and dryer. Once you stack them, you can move the sink. This would provide additional room for a tall pantry cabinet. The only detail that may be an issue is the window at the end of the room. It appears the washer and dryer may interfere with the window casing. You may not be able to put stacked units at the far end of the laundry area. A possible answer is to recess the mechanical and dryer vent connection. I'm not sure what is on the other side of that wall.
  • PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    10 år siden
    I would concur with eagledzines, unless you have back issues. Bending down to the drawers for laundry soap may not be the best configuration for a person with back issues. If this is the case, when you are ready to replace your dryer, select a mode where the controls are in the front , then devise a countertop for across the top of the laundry units with a shelf above this counter stretching from the window wall to the the location of the utilities for laundry soap, etc. Installing a drying rack over the laundry sink is an excellent idea.
    On the wall opposite the laundry machines, you might opt for shallow shelves (6-8" deep) for food storage , a wall mounted ironing board and clothes racks that fold back against the wall.
  • Kristin Maynes
    10 år siden
    Love the cabinets and fridge in this pic...
  • apple_pie_order
    10 år siden
    @eyk1987: what isn't working well for you now? Need more space for pantry goods? Need a laundry sorter for dirty laundry? More hanging space for drip dry things?
  • eyk1987
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thank you all....for any additional ideas, please note that this room is 66 inches wide, 109 long.
  • suzanne_m
    10 år siden
    Kristin's idea is a good suggestion if eyk1987 would like more pantry storage. If stacking the washer and dryer cannot go at the end of the room then they could stay where they are and move the sink where the dryer is currently located.
  • PRO
    McCabe By Design LLC
    10 år siden
    If the sink is placed adjacent to the window and the dryer is stacked on top of the washer then the vent for the dryer would need to be routed through the side of the dryer, preferably through a wall cabinet above the sink - probably not an optimal installation.
  • eyk1987
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    In response to Rivera Const, the right side wall of the dryer is just side of the house, back of the dryer is garage. How difficult is it to recess the dryer vent connection?
  • PRO
    Alair Homes Solon
    10 år siden
    Is it safe to assume the dryer vent exits the laundry room out the side wall? If so, it will take a little work but it's very doable.
  • eyk1987
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Yes it does and you are right about the window casing being in the way if I were to stack them at the far wall.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.