dbrowvt

Help Please! Opinion re. grout color for gray floor

dbrowvt
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

I have a very tiny bathroom (4x9). The 12"x24" gray tile will be on the bathroom floor and the 2x2 on my shower floor. Shower walls will be a white dolomite looking tile (w/ soft gray movement). I'm thinking either Smoke Grey (on the right) or Sterling Silver (on the left). The grout lines will be thin. Grout suggestions would be much appreciated! I can’t visualize the finished look and I am definitely overthinking this!

Oh..and I am using a different grout (silver shadow) on the shower walls with the white tile. Not sure that needs to enter into the decision.

(9) kommentarer

• PRO
    Barnes Custom Builders
    6 år siden

I like the sterling silver. It blends better....that being said, if you like more of a contrast, or want to see the lines, go with smoke grey.

• marylut
    6 år siden
    Yes, grout decision for floor and shower walls should be made together. If contrasting grout, even if grout line is thin, it will make your individual tiles show up, and if grout matches tile it gives the impression of a giant slab of stone - which is a high end look to me.
  • User
    6 år siden

None of that is dark enough. Natural Gray if you go that grout. But, I’d pick a polyurethane grout like TEC PowerGrout or acrylic grout like Flexcolor CQ. They never need sealing.

• PRO
    Capital Construction Contracting Inc.
    6 år siden

Smoked Grey will definitely show more of a contract between your tile and grouting .

I think this would be your best choice.

• PRO
    21st Century Tile
    6 år siden

I like the Sterling Silver. It blends really well so you won't have grout lines breaking up the floor, which will in turn make the space seem larger.

• dbrowvt
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thanks for your suggestions. sounds like it I prob can't go wrong with either. I've decided on the Smoke Grey for the bathroom and shower floors, and Silver Shadow for the white shower wall tiles. fingers crossed that it all looks good afterward since it's so permanent! This is a stressful process for me!

• AB H
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

How did this turn out? I’m considering the exact same grout colors for my walls and floor as well.

-AB

• dbrowvt
    Forfatter
    2 år siden

Oh gosh, i apologize i didn't see this a year ago. My grout colors came out fabulous. I've been very happy with the decisions i made! I hope you ended up happy as well.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.