ttg0517

Need suggestions for backsplash for busy granite

ttg0517
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

I love my granite in my kitchen, but not the orange backsplash that the previous owners installed. I would like the backsplash to be more neutral and draw your eyes to the granite and also tone down all the orange. Attached is a picture of what I currently have. I do not know the name of the granite. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

(11) kommentarer

• jbtanyderi
    6 år siden
    An easy solution would be to paint the tile with epoxy paint.
    ttg0517 thanked jbtanyderi
  • natesg
    6 år siden

Pretty granite. Can you show us a picture that includes your cabinets? With what I see, I would look to match the lightest color in the granite and a simple tile like a subway. Your granite is the star.

ttg0517 thanked natesg
  • PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    6 år siden

The lightest color from the stone, which looks like a cream, in a simple subways tile. You want the backsplash to be as simple and understated as possible so the stone can shine.

ttg0517 thanked Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
  • ttg0517
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Here is a picture with the cabinets. They are a darker red oak color. I will be doing new flooring also. I plan to use a luxury vinyl plank flooring so if anyone has suggestions on color for that I would appreciate it as well.

• lhutch13
    6 år siden
    Definitely a cream color tile. You've got to neutralize what you have going on here. What's the flooring in the adjoining rooms?
    ttg0517 thanked lhutch13
  • rlwasserman
    6 år siden
    Maybe try something like a light off white type of subway tile. This is my busy granite.
    ttg0517 thanked rlwasserman
  • ttg0517
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

The flooring in the adjoining living room is a light colored carpet. We are wanting to put new flooring throughout the kitchen, living room, etc. that is all the same and are thinking a luxury vinyl flooring as it seems very reasonable for families. That will be my next dilemma is what color of vinyl flooring that looks like wood would look the best with my cabinets.

• ttg0517
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Would a ceramic type subway tile or a natural stone subway tile be best?

• PRO
    Capital Construction Contracting Inc.
    6 år siden

I would suggest a cream textured tile, exactly what you said. 'not too busy'. This will make your granite pop and add some flair to your kitchen.

ttg0517 thanked Capital Construction Contracting Inc.
  • jhmarie
    6 år siden

I have a cream subway tile with my oak cabinets:

https://www.houzz.com/photos/my-pics-work-in-progress-phvw-vp~57088087

I have a natural oak wood floor.

https://www.houzz.com/photos/my-pics-work-in-progress-phvw-vp~58830325

I wold bring home lots of flooring samples - look for warm browns if you are going for a wood look.Sometimes you just need to see with samples what works and what does not.

This is my "wood kitchens" idea book - might see something that inspires you:)

ttg0517 thanked jhmarie
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.