ilana52081

need help for exterior door handles

ilana52081
10 år siden
I have a whitish color stucco house with black roof, black leaders and gutters , black door, what color handle...silver (satin nickel or chrome) or black?

(35) kommentarer

• PRO
    Dytecture
    10 år siden
    Photos would be helpful.
  • PRO
    Sharon Charboneau, RESA Pro, Interior Stylist
    10 år siden
    w/o photos, based on your description, I would be inclined to go with black wrought iron door handles. Always classy. Ensure porch lights, mailbox etc. match whatever finish you decide on
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, (photos of the exterior of your house would still be helpful :). There are many brands and models out there. :) A few more ideas --
  • PRO
    Knob Deco
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, Ed is Right, There are many top brands that will work for you. :) find few images that will give you more ideas.
  • ilana52081
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Im looking into emtek handles for now, I like more modern generally...this is the house without the door painted and leaders and gutters, if I find a more recent pic ill post it.
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, here are some modern/contemporary designs -- Baldwin Seattle entry sets: polished chrome, satin nickel, Venetian bronze --
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, Baldwin Miami entry sets: polished chrome, satin nickel, Venetian bronze --
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, Karcher Design is quite modern --
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, INOX also makes high quality, solid stainless steel, modern door hardware -- http://www.unisonhardware.com/website.html
    http://www.unisonhardware.com/
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, some INOX hardware --
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, another brand, Valli and Valli --
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, more Valli and Valli -- you have many, many options :)
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, OMNIA --
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    Hi ilana, a few Karcher Security Lever Handles --
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
  • ilana52081
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thanks so much for all the suggestions, what color would u suggest I go with black, satin nickel or chrome?
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, I like satin nickel, but this is your home. :) What's your preference ? And what about the other door hardware for all the interior doors ? More photos of the exterior, maybe a closer photo of the main entrance door, would be helpful.
  • ilana52081
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I like chrome because I think it looks sharp, the rest of my interior handles for now are satin nickel. Im going to look if I have a better picture of entrance and ill post it if I do.
  • ilana52081
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Heres a pic of the front door, just have in mind the white trim was changed to black , the painter made a mistake. and there is black wrought iron in the glass sides. Going to put black lights outside as well.
  • PRO
    Chroma Design
    10 år siden
    I really like Emtek handles. Check out their modern Davos. It comes in polished chrome, satin nickel and brushed stainless steel which would make an interesting statement.
    http://emtek.com/Tubular-Entrysets/stainless-steel-davos
  • ilana52081
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    So funny you say that that's the one im looking into right now, it also comes in black
  • PRO
    Chroma Design
    10 år siden
    Great minds think alike!!!
    I'm not sure a black fixture on your black door would give you the impact you are looking for.
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, here's Emtek Davos polished chrome, Baldwin Seattle polished chrome, and Baldwin Miami polished chrome --
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, here's Emtek Davos brushed stainless steel, Baldwin Seattle satin nickel, and Baldwin Miami satin nickel--
  • ilana52081
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    right so that's why im thinking of chrome instead, what do u think?
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, either polished chrome or brushed stainless steel or satin nickel would look nice on your dark entrance door -- it's your preference. Personally, I find Baldwin's Miami and Seattle design much prettier than Emtek's Davos. One nice thing about the Davos is you can mix and match many other Emtek levers for the interior lever of the main entrance door; whereas with Baldwin's Miami and Seattle (both in their "Reserve" series), you are limited to their Reserve levers for the interior side of your main entrance door.
    It's your preference. :)
  • PRO
    Chroma Design
    10 år siden
    Chrome is a very good choice. If you like that chrome will really stand off the black door, then great. One of the reasons I preferred the brushed stainless steel is that it will look modern, have a medium contrast to the black door and relate to the satin nickel finish of your interior handles.
  • ilana52081
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Thanks!!
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, I agree with Chroma Design on the reasons I also prefer brushed stainless steel (or satin nickel) over polished chrome, in this case.
  • ilana52081
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I can put a satin nickel for the inside handle and just chrome fro exterior if I wanted emtek lets u mix and match. Also I thought that chrome is more modern, like all the faucets for tubs and kitchen that are chrome are more modern.
  • PRO
    Chroma Design
    10 år siden
    I like that as well. Sounds like you made a decision!!!
  • ilana52081
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I think so...thanks for all your help everyone!!
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Hi ilana, in this case, Baldwin also lets you have chrome for the exteior entry set and satin nickel for the interior lever. I also have polished chrome for all our bathroom and kitchen faucets, and brushed stainless steel for all interior doors. :) I find brushed stainless steel (or satin nickel) to be more modern. :)
    Please post photos of your new entrance door with the new hardware! :)
  • ilana52081
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Will do :)
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.