snadyk

I have a small kitchen and would like to remove the dark wallpaper and ... Any ideas?

Sandy Kay
10 år siden
Take all paper down? Remove only the plaid and paint? One or tile? Other ideas? Please help!!!

(7) kommentarer

• intoit
    10 år siden
    Agree with Madden about removing the wallpaper and painting, but if possible I would also remove the appliance garage to improve counter space and give the kitchen a more up to date look. Under cabinet LED lightening would also be great along with a new light fixture over the sink. On my computer I cannot wee much of the light fixture over the table so you may need to replace it too with a newer look. I like the layout of your kitchen and hope you enjoy the updates.
  • PRO
    Granite Transformations
    10 år siden
    Yes. I would remove all the wallpaper.

It can be a little tricky and for the sake of time, you might want to pay someone to come in a remove it- unless it comes down easy. I'd paint the kitchen something in the blue family, I like this ocean air by Benjamin Moore- http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/oceanair.

From there, I'd say install a tile backsplash too. You have a pretty traditional kitchen, so subway might be the way to go. I like our bronzite might work really well in your kitchen- http://www.granitetransformations.com/southjersey/products/mosaic-tiles/colors/subway/

Good luck, hope this helps!
  • Jeannie Nguyen
    10 år siden
    Agree with the rest, remove the wallpaper and replace your cabinets. You could totally open up the kitchen with the right colors and cabinets.
  • Laurel Ennis
    10 år siden
    86 the wallpaper. Paint or tile in white. Replace the countertops with butchers block so every surface is a cutting board. Add an accent colour in curtains or roman blinds. As dated as white appliances are, they look SO good with oak cabinetry that I can't argue with them. I have a similar kitchen in my new house and I'm torn because the great big, lots of room, ice in the door fridge I love doesn't come in white, only Stainless. That's my dilemma. (The backslash is a very light beige and works BTW).
  • PRO
    JMH Designs
    10 år siden
    Definitely removing the wallpaper will greatly improve the looks of your kitchen. As far as tiling the back splash you need to ask yourself if you are going to do a kitchen renovation anytime soon like within the next couple of years. This would entail replacing cabinets and or counter top replacement. If so I would not go any further as this would be just wasting your money.
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 år siden
    Cabinetry looks in pretty good shape, but if it were mine I'd want new countertops. Of course, if you plan to replace the cabinets in the next few years wait about the surfaces. Agree on removal of the appliance garage and all of the wallpaper. What color is the adjoining space? is that a direction you should go?New lighting is a must. You can do some inexpensive backsplashes. Google for ideas. One I'm thinking of is to use flashing. If you've been collecting pennies, try the copper penny backsplash or metal tiles from the big box hardward store. Or just paint it for now if you have a larger project planned down the road.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.