juericks

Help choosing siding

James Erickson
6 år siden
I am building our lake home myself and want some ideas for siding the remaining two areas to help give some dimensional detail to a big square two story cube. I'm thinking of using shakes around the window on the right. For the tall window, I'd like large panels like James Hartie or metal. Color suggestion?

(7) kommentarer

• cpartist
    6 år siden

Stick with the same color and material as you've done. Anything else will look like you're putting lipstick on a pig

• PRO
    Renovation and Construction Services
    6 år siden

Depends on how fancy you want to get. Take a look at the Trespa Pura. I would think the flush siding with the shadow line in a warmer color would help make it pop a bit. Especially at night with some low voltage lighting!

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Do not do any variation of orange and black.

And check the level you used to square and plumb the walls with those tall windows.

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Cement plaster. Textured siding and smooth bump-o's. Less is more! If in doubt, consult your architect.

• ILoveRed
    6 år siden

Congratulations on building your own home. Another poster here (mushcreek) did the same. A labor of love.

it looks like you have nice views.

i would stick with the same material as the rest of the house.

• PRO
    Exteriors of Long Island
    6 år siden

We love installing James Hardie. It is a quality, long lasting fiber cement product that will stand up to your specific weather conditions. Take a look at this link, where James Hardie discusses complimentary colors. Great work!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.