jayniebird

Can I add a fireplace to my house?

jayniebird
6 år siden

No fireplace in my house. Want one.

(6) kommentarer

• mike_home
    6 år siden

It possible to add a fireplace. Do you want electric, gas, or wood burning? Your choice will determine the level of difficulty and cost.

• sktn77a
    6 år siden

Well, the two least destructive routes would be an electric or vent-free gas fireplace (they don't need a chimney of HE vent). With a regular gas or wood burning fireplace/stove, you'll need a chimney/vent installed, which ups the price considerably

• cfillyaw
    6 år siden

How about a freestanding wood stove? More effective than a fireplace and possibly less effort to install.

• lrunner
    6 år siden

I added a wood burning fireplace insert with gas starter to my home in 2005. I have a two story home, so a chimney was built up the entire side of the house. A cement footer was poured to support the weight of the fireplace. On the inside, we have a 6 foot wide span of stone veneer that goes up 8 ft to ceiling. Gas meter is on same side of house so we went ahead and ran a gas line, mostly for resale purposes (we have never used the gas). I think we spent about $12,000 in 2005 to have fireplace and chimney added.

• PRO
    Garden Patios Inc
    6 år siden

The easiest way would to add an electric fireplace. The photo shown below shows a stone fireplace with electric insert and TV set into the build out of the original wall.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.