pcarpi

Painting in a Steam Shower

Hcc
10 år siden
Our two year old steam shower needs a repaint on the ceiling. What paint should we use and should we seal it with polyurethane like the wood walls?

(7) kommentarer

• Jennifer
    10 år siden
    a light grey, or tile it.
  • michigammemom
    10 år siden
    Your steam shower is lovely, but if the ceiling is drywalled it will always be subject to moisture damage. I would suggest looking into a Marine epoxy finish for your ceiling if tile is not an option.
  • Jennifer
    10 år siden
    There are special paints out there. Dulux Bathroom+ is an exceptionally tough, moisture and steam resistant soft sheen paint. Independent laboratory testing has shown that the Mouldtec formulation protects the paint against mould for five years, so it's perfect for keeping steamy bathrooms looking great for longer.
  • Kivi
    10 år siden
    I am wondering why someone would have built you a steam shower with a drywall ceiling in the first place. It is a very nice looking shower, but they should have also worked a ceiling tile into the design. Obviously you cannot add tile now since the door and glass would be an issue, unless you are willing to replace the glass. This painted ceiling is likely to always be an issue for you. I would agree with michigam, wondering if you could explore the idea of an epoxy paint, but I would suggest you talk to a real paint/coatings expert to get guidance on the exact paint to use.
  • PRO
    Anish Motwani Associates
    10 år siden
    Hello

I subtle white (satin finish) or beige color will look great

Regards
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    10 år siden
    High gloss paint or like mentioned above a marine finish it will be super shiny but this will help with maintenance down the road
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.