marzena_esposito

Tiles or laminate? Help

Marzena Esposito
6 år siden
i'm close to finish my project. It' a kitchen extension 4.6mx3.6m. We have also knocked through the dining room and living room walls to open up the space. I've had a hazelnut oak solid wood in my dining and living room but since can no longer find a matching floor, I'm considering laminate flooring throughout ground floor including my hallway and a new built toilet. Shall I be going for porcelain tiles in the hallway, toilet and kitchen? I haven't got the under floor heating. My kitchen will be white gloss but my new sofas are african grey (brownish). Help!

(7) kommentarer

• PRO
    Earth Colours Innovations
    6 år siden
    True quality cannot be reckoned with you a white gloss kitchen, especially with a suitable high quality porcelain. I would definately recommend porcelain, although a good looking laminate is not a bad idea as well.
  • PRO
    Pearlosa
    6 år siden

Tiles are definetly a better option especially because it will be for your hallway, kitchen and toilet. You can use underfloor heating to keep the areas warm. Additionally, if water is spilt on laminate flooring it would normally be need to dried quite promptly so if for example you have any plumbing issues (washing machine leaks, water pipe damage etc.), you would potentially need to replace flooring if it has managed to find its way through the seams. You can see a bit more information through the link below regarding the ease of maintenance of porcelain tiles:

https://www.megatiles.com/index.php/blog/blog-porcelaincare/

• PRO
    User
    6 år siden

We have Karndean throughout the back of our house - Snug, kitchen, dining area, utility and downstairs shower room. Great............Warmer on the foot than tile, which we used to have in the kitchen and utility. We levelled the floor and went straight over the top everywhere.

Porcelain tiles do look nice, but for us would be really impractical. The dogs come in and out as they choose, the back door is in constant use as we don't use the front much. We're not in to constant mopping, so with the dog, grand kids our boots etc Karndean won. The Karndean also survived two major leaks. One from an upstairs shower and the other when the muppets fitting our glass roof left the old one off, didn't cover the conservatory and a storm came over - thanks 'well known window company'!

• sam irwin
    6 år siden
    We’ve gone for laminate in our kitchen and through to the hall. Much warmer on foot then our previous porcelain tiles. I was forever mopping the tiles and they looked lovely but hard to keep clean with kids and the dog. I’d recommend keeping a mat near your sink just for small spills. Hoover is all you need for laminate and any stains removed with damp sponge and dried with kitchen roll. Working great for me so far. Will post photo shortly
  • PRO
    Discount Flooring Depot
    6 år siden

Hi Marzena, Have you thought about tile effect laminates? they are much warmer than porcelain tiles and quick and easy to install. Please see the link below to a range of our tile effect laminates.
    https://www.discountflooringdepot.co.uk/laminate-c1/tile-effect-t2

• sarah67534
    6 år siden

I honestly wouldn´t recommend tiles. There are so many options for luxury vinyl tile nowadays, and it´s much more comfortable underfoot and warm. You can get ones that are waterproof as well, so you can put it in your bathroom no problem. My cousin recently had Gerflor put in and it looks really good. She has 3 dogs and it´s holding up well. I think she got it from this one shop called Bricoflor. https://www.bricoflor.co.uk/

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.