deandra_turley

What color should I paint my cedar hope chest?

Dee
10 år siden
I have a Lane cedar hope chest that my grandmother bought for me when I graduated high school. 16 years ago I loved the light feminine style. Now it goes with nothing in my house. I want to paint it. My bedroom furniture is black, kind of distressed. I'm leaning towards that but want opinions and other ideas. I love all the painted furniture people are doing. FYI our room is fairly neutral. Our comforter is gray, although I have a black/cream duvet (we just haven't been using it, it needs buttons replaced) sheets and curtains are like a golden yellow. Neutral walls/carpets. The last picture shows the pattern on my duvet.

(7) kommentarer

• Lesley In
    10 år siden
    I like it just the way it is! Move it to another room maybe?
  • Dee
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    No. It doesn't go in any room. Thx though. Any other paint suggestions?
  • PRO
    Better Home Ideas, Inc.
    10 år siden
    Why don't you try blue with a hint of grey. I think it will give some accent to the room.
  • chayasufrin
    10 år siden
    Paint it black to match your bed but maybe add an upholstered pillow on top in the same color family as the curtains
  • PRO
    ZS Interior Design
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    Hi Deandra! I would recommend painting the hope chest in the grey tones with a antiqued rubbed look.
    look at Annie Sloan website www.anniesloan.com
    it is a water soluble old world style paint that is very forgiving. You do not have to strip just paint right over and rub off when semi dry in the edge area's to give it sort of a distressed look then wax it to seal in the paint, this provides a wonderful easy finish. The website will tell you where to purchase the paint near your location and a brief tutorial, as well as the store which sells it will be more than helpful, some even give classes. If you want to add a cushion on the top in fabric that adds to your striped duvet that would look nice as well, I would also recommend changing the hardware on the armoire to give it a bit more style and add either a trim or a tie back to the draperies that tie in the color of your duvet to the windows. You can do this easily by going to your local fabric store. Also you could put molding around the always and forever in the color of your headboard to create a focal point or frame it with a old picture from or antiques mirror frame. Possibly larger bedside lamps, but I love the lamp shades, they look great with the striped duvet cover. Hope that helps Zina
  • Dee
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    You guys have given me a lot to think about. I can't wait to go check out that website! That's so funny you mentioned framing my always & forever... That was on my list of projects for the summer, as was new lamps. The one on my side broke recently. I wish I could get new pulls, but our bedside tables have a whopping 10 knobs each. With the armoire that would be 26 pulls... To spendy. I'll let you all know how it turns out!! Thank you!!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.