blondelle

What's the best value of cabinet at Home Depot?

blondelle
6 år siden
I don't need the top of the line, but want something that looks good, won't fall apart, and has a good finish. I'm not familiar with their brands. Looking for a painted finish in a shaker door.Going there today and wondering what I should look at. Thanks.

(12) kommentarer

• eam44
    6 år siden

Save your money. Go to IKEA instead.

• sushipup1
    6 år siden

Yep, IKEA, all the way.

• just_janni
    6 år siden

Yup IKEA and it's almost time for a sale. You can design your kitchen in almost endless ways, walk in, order it, walk out with it, and put it together.

Also - almost endless fitments, and the ability to change doors in a few years if you get bored!

• blondelle
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thanks! I was going to do IKEA, then looked into CLIQ, but their quote was twice the quick quote price and I'm not done adding he drawers and fittings yet. The problem is IKEA only has one size pullout, and no 27" cabinet for a 24" sink. I was thinking of using Sherr doors and getting the two cabinets from them I need so it all matches. Also they have no panel for an 18" dishwasher. Would someone be kind enough to answer my question so I can compare to IKEA? Thanks!
  • eam44
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Well, you’re going to Home Depot. Ask them to show you what they’ve got. This is exactly what salespeople are for. There won’t be so many choices that you have to focus your search. Good luck!

• User
    6 år siden

18" door IS the dishwasher panel. Same for 24" DW, use 24" door.

Cliq Studio is cheap Chinese import, ugh!

• User
    6 år siden

Also, if you're just slightly handy, you can create your own pullouts for any of theirs cab sizes. You connect a tall drawer at the bottom of the cab with the top drawer via a door. Then add more drawer(s) in between as needed. Just make sure you use the correct particle board/ furniture board screws. Ask for an experienced staff member to help you. They know many ways Ikea cabs can be put together that aren't shown in their catalogs.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    6 år siden

Use a HUSH or equivalent and you can put many 24" sinks in a 24" cabinet. The outer basin measurement is usually not quite 24.

BTW, FWIW, you aren't going to find 27" sink bases in most of the stuff HD carries; most have nothing less than 33, at least not the last time I looked, which admittedly was a couple of years ago. And those cabinets were not sold a la carte like ikea, where you can just swap out the doors/panels for what you need. You buy the whole cabinet, then another whole cabinet to get parts for anything you want to customize, or you pay the setup fee + custom charge.

• bbtrix
    6 år siden

As pippabean said, any cabinet can be a pullout and Ikea has quite a variety of preconfigured pullouts. Not sure why you thought there is only one size. They have 12, 15, 18, and 24” in quite a variety of configurations. I did two 18’s under my 36” sink base for individual trash pullouts. They sell a 36” trash/recycle pullout too. Ikea is very customizable.

• PRO
    Interior Changes home design & consulting
    6 år siden

The cabinet box construction is what establishes your cabinet quality: here is a great quick learning guide linkhttp://www.home-style-choices.com/kitchen-cabinet-construction.html

* note: For good quality drawers~I look for dovetail joints or mortise and tenon joints at drawer corners. Staples and glue won't last, and for non-custom cabinet lines melamine is my preference over particle board or MDF.

The door pricing establishes the overall varied costs of kitchens. This price point is set on the cabinet door construction, the number of trim pieces, the species of wood, and the level of finish ( as well as sways in dollars based on popularity) : Here is a good link to explain door styles and how they are constructed: https://www.conestogawood.com/products/cabinet-doors-drawer-fronts/construction.html

*note: This means that you can get the same quality of cabinet in many different cabinet lines, but the exact door that you like can change the price by as much as 100% for the exact same kitchen layout. Doors are often solid wood or wood veneer, and both have value. AND painted door finishes expand and contract at the joints because of humidity...so I lean away from mitered corners if using a painted finish.

• PRO
    Interior Changes home design & consulting
    6 år siden

P.s. The crown molding, finished end panels, decorative toe kicks, under cabinet light molding, glass doors which require matching finished interiors~ and the overall number of doors and drawers are typically what drive up the costs of cabinets. So if you can minimize on those features, you can get some savings, and not lose out on quality!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.