benjaminbrundage

Bed Placement in Small Bedroom

Ben Brundage
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

Hello! Looking for a little advice. I just bought my first condo. It's got a small bedroom and I would like to use the space as efficiently as possible, starting with the placement of the bed. Right now, the bed is on the floor, but I'm in the process of looking for a frame/headboard. Should I keep the bed where it is or move it under the window? Should I put the dresser in its place or up against the angled wall where the large picture frame is? Any and all advice appreciated.

(10) kommentarer

• partim
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

What is staying in the room? You've told us the bed will be staying in the room, and a dresser. Do you mean the one under the window? What about the other things in the room - are they staying or going? Do you need a chair in the room or a bedside table?

If you can draw a sketch of the room with measurements and the location of the doors, windows, closet etc. that would be helpful. This would be especially helpful since the room is angled.

It seems to me that the bed under the window would block access to the closet.

Ben Brundage thanked partim
  • auntthelma
    6 år siden

I would have the bed on the wall we can't see with its foot facing the closet wall.

The short dresser under the window and the tall one on the closet wall.

Ben Brundage thanked auntthelma
  • Ben Brundage
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Great idea. Partim, the blue tub will go. The paintings will eventually be hung and in the case of the painted box mounted, but I'm open to moving things around or swapping them out altogether. I would like to have a dresser, bed, nightstand, and sitting area at the least, but I'm not necessarily tied to keeping this or that if it doesn't work.

• Ben Brundage
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

I've added a few photos in the hopes of clarify the room's shape, size and layout.

• PRO
    Justine Marie Designs
    6 år siden

I think it would look great under the window! As long as you have enough space between the bed and closet (looks like it could be tight).

Ben Brundage thanked Justine Marie Designs
  • apple_pie_order
    6 år siden

Bed under the window. Buy a simple headboard with a bedframe.

A hat shelf with coat hooks underneath near the front door will make it easy to keep odd shaped hats in order.

The painted box will look best if hung in a room with similar style artwork. It may need some touch ups. Look at how collectible action figures are displayed professionally - well lit and well spaced.

Contemporary Family Room · Mere information

Ben Brundage thanked apple_pie_order
  • PRO
    VRA Interiors, LLC
    6 år siden

We think placing the bed on the wall with the window would work very well and look great.

Sophisticated Master Suite · Mere information

Ben Brundage thanked VRA Interiors, LLC
  • Ben Brundage
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Thanks everyone for your input and advice. There's clearly still work to be done but space-wise it's significantly better. Any additional suggestions are greatly appreciated.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    6 år siden
    A bed frame would be my next step that way you can see what you have space for ie end tables or if you want a head board
    Ben Brundage thanked RL Relocation LLC
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.