waltzg

Should I add a second area rug?

waltzg
6 år siden

Should I put an area rug underneath of the dining room table? My house is teeny, and a second rug would only sit about 5ft away from the one in my living room (see picture).

If I do add a rug under the dining room table, what style should I look for to complement the rug in my living room? I would prefer to not be matchy-matchy, but want a cohesive flow through the house. The dining room itself is pretty much a blank canvas at the moment -- minus all the toys and baby gear, which will hopefully be stored somewhere else ASAP! I apologize for the awkward angle of the photo, I was trying to give an idea of what the living room looks like.

Thanks for the help!

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    Barnes Custom Builders
    6 år siden

Do a round one in similar colors as the living room rug, or even just a plain jute/ indoor -outdoor rug.

waltzg thanked Barnes Custom Builders
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 år siden

How big is the room you need the rug to be at least 3’ all around the table without creating a tripping hazrd between the 2 rooms I don’t think you have the space .

waltzg thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    Sarah Bernardy Design, LLC
    6 år siden

Adding a rug to the dining room would be fine. Since the rug will be under a table where children will likely eat, then I would suggest wool (which is highly durable and easy to clean) You can get wool in a sisal look that would complement your current rug or do something completely different to add some color and personality to this room.

waltzg thanked Sarah Bernardy Design, LLC
  • Sammie J
    6 år siden

I typically love a dining room rug. Due to the space, however, in this case I would probably opt for no rug and would hang curtains (that complement the living room rug) to pull the eye up and beyond the table area.

waltzg thanked Sammie J
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.