3088dorchester

rug or no rug under dining table

3088dorchester
6 år siden
Should I skip the rug or put a rug under my dining table. Looking for opinion and examples of rugs that might go with my table

(34) kommentarer

• hatetoshop
    6 år siden

I wouldn't have a rug, but if you decide on using one, would it be difficult to move the bench for those sitting on it?

• janrautio
    6 år siden

I used to have to clean my mother's kitchen to earn an allowance. Linoleum floors (original build in 1950's) made it SO easy to clean. I've never wanted a rug, or carpeting, under an eating area because there were always sloppy kids or dinner guests to clean up after. Imagine scrambled eggs, spilled red wine, or gravy mashed into a beautiful, one of a kind rug.

• Najeebah
    6 år siden

If you're likely to have a mess beneath the table, skip the rug. If a mess is unlikely, get an easily cleanable one. Subjective, but I think it would help visually. Are the chairs options or have you decided upon them?

• pamelamacleod
    6 år siden
    I think definitely a rug to ground the space, add texture and interest.
  • jck910
    6 år siden

Definitely get a rug. I find your room to be cold and a rug would warm it up and really incorporate the teal chairs.

horchow.com

• Najeebah
    6 år siden
    Benches like that don't actually get moved that much. They're not everyone's choice, but they're generally left in one spot and people shuffle in and out. So I don't find that too much of an issue. And a rug would help balance the proportions of the room to the weight of the table. I think cleaning is the main downside
  • Monique Barrow
    6 år siden

No rug. Your table and chairs are the highlights in your room and with a rug it won't have focus anymore.

• hatetoshop
    6 år siden

Another option is to inject some colour with art -- a larger, more colourful piece over your console.

Queen West Condo · Mere information

• 3088dorchester
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    what rug option
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    6 år siden

You have such a lovely tall room I would capitalize on the height and add a framed canvas on the wall with some type of sconces on the wall and a coordinated chandelier

• 3088dorchester
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    The artwork is not permanent just sitting there until my bedroom is repaired . electrical issue. thanks for all the input. productive and non productive :) you know who you are
  • PRO
    STUDIO MB
    6 år siden

I use vinyl rugs under dining tables. They are awesome! If you can find a pattern you like. https://www.spicherandco.com/home.php?cat=1398

• groveraxle
    6 år siden

I think the rug answer totally depends on what kind of vibe you want in the space. I like it without a rug; it has sort of a minimal rustic quality. But a rug with coordinating art and chandelier would take it a different direction and look good, too.

• groveraxle
    6 år siden

• 3088dorchester
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    what rug is this?
  • groveraxle
    6 år siden

Since you seem to be into lanterns, you could go full Moroccan:

• groveraxle
    6 år siden

It's the rug you posted above.

• 3088dorchester
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    thought so thanks
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    6 år siden

Just to see if the rug is the appearance you are looking for in your room.

• everdebz
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

I have to say you guys are amazing...

both rugs 'go'... with a slight difference in saturation ... less is softer... nice! :)

• wickedwhite
    6 år siden
    Skip the rug. Prioritize large art. Then lighting. If you still want a rug, consider it then.
  • groveraxle
    6 år siden

I notice the table between your chairs (which is a little tall; can it be lowered?) is a bit industrial, so you could skip the rug and head in that direction.

• groveraxle
    6 år siden

It looks like the table could be lowered to here. It would look better and be more functional. Even lower would probably be better, but that would require a new table.

• groveraxle
    6 år siden

Shag under a dining table? I don't think so.

• PRO
    Angela Todd Studios | Portland, OR
    6 år siden

You don't necessarily need a rug under your dining room table. You could possibly add art to give your room some more color. Here are a few of our dining rooms to give you some ideas on how your dining room could look:

Cooper Mountain Jewel · Mere information

Whimsical Farmhouse: Dining Room · Mere information

West Hills Cottage: Dining Room · Mere information

• PRO
    Abbas Rachaman, Designer, Board&Vellum
    6 år siden

Rug! All the tones are the same in that room. You need something to break up the monotony and define that space. Right now its just floating there, but a rug would define it. You guys will learn to move your chairs in and out on top of it; people have been doing it for years...

• PRO
    Farhadian - Esmail & Soehne
    6 år siden

A Rug would revalue and complete the entire room. BeverlyFLADeziner mentioned a perfect size for it. Our favourites would be light creme colours and a calm design to keep the focus on the furnitures and accessoires. Some examples below, if interested we can make a custom Rug according size and design.

• PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    6 år siden

You should definitely go with a rug in your dining room. A wool rug is the most durable and easiest to clean. One of the inherent qualities of natural wool is it's ability to hide dirt. Choose a size that's large enough to allow for the chairs to be pulled out. Below is a teal overdyed handknotted, 100% New Zealand wool rug.

• Greta Bob
    3 år siden

I would not add the fully teal rug because it’s same as your accent chairs. It doesn’t go well and it looks like it’s the continuation of chair fabric. If rug is what you want, I’d use a distressed rug with slight hints of teal/ slate and tan in it. Check out Loloi rugs, they have great options and complement any interior style :) this is just an example.

• laurafhallen
    3 år siden

Yes to a neutral colored rug, a great chandelier and a funky piece of art. Your room is beautiful.

• Mars SC Zone 8b Mars
    3 år siden

No rug. If you eat there, to clean the rug will be a pain!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.