tdy25

Help Choosing Leather Color for Office Remodel

Todd
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

I recently remodeled an office in my home and am looking to pick out the right color for the leather club chair (Churchill from Restoration Hardware) that will go with the RH St. James Desk (Antique Coffee). Both are pictured below.

Below that is a swatch of the desk next two 3 leather swatches. The walls are Benjamin Moore Abalone (a light gray) and look closest to the first picture without the swatches (other pictures distorted by the lighting).

Which color goes best Chestnut (lightest), Wiskey (reddish Brown), or Ebony (gray)?

(19) kommentarer

• Penelope
    6 år siden
    For the colors, I like the whiskey best for contrast. Will there be a rug? Also, is this intended to be a desk chair or a side chair? If desk, make sure the height, width, etc. work for sitting at the desk.
    Todd thanked Penelope
  • Todd
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

It will be side chair.

Thinking of a this rug or something similar.

• Todd
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Picture didn't show up the first time. Thinking of this rug or similar.

• Melissa Gallagher
    6 år siden
    I vote whiskey or ebony.

I love Abalone, I used it too!
    Todd thanked Melissa Gallagher
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    6 år siden

In this context the ebony works best.

J Design Group
    225 Malaga Ave
    Coral Gables, FL 33134
    Ph: 305-444-4611
    https://www.JDesignGroup.com

Todd thanked J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    6 år siden

I like the ebony as well.

Todd thanked OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    Luxe Design Studios
    6 år siden

I would definitely agree that the ebony is the best fit.

Luxe Design Studios - Interior design

2151 E Commercial Blvd #304
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308

(305) 851-2020

https://www.luxedesignstudios.com/

Todd thanked Luxe Design Studios
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 år siden

ebony! goes the best w/the wall color.

• Todd
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    The rug is in place. Desk (swatch in the window) will go where blue tape is located. The desk chair is just there for sizing and may not be the actual desk chair used. The leather acent chair will go where the two swatches are.

Ebony seemed to be the previous winner. Anyone think differently with the rug in place now?

The desk is on the way, but I haven't ordered the chair yet.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 år siden

whatever the left one is.

Todd thanked Beth H. :
  • Todd
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Thanks Beth.

Distessed Ebony on left. Antique Whiskey on the right.
  • Melissa Gallagher
    6 år siden
    Ebony
    Todd thanked Melissa Gallagher
  • Micaela Ayers
    6 år siden
    The Ebony really grabs my eye in your rug - 2 sample picture. the brown looks so much like the flooring I find myself thinking it's too much brown.
  • Todd
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

The Distressed Ebony (dark gray color) has been ordered. It's custom so about 2 months out. I'll post pictures when the room is all set. Thanks everyone.

• Todd
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Oh for anyone color shopping, I thought I'd help clear something up as it was a big issue for me:

The original pictures are with a Restoration Hardware leather sample called Antique Ebony not Distressed Ebony. After multiple sample reviews at RH, it looks like my sample may have been mislabeled. Both samples looked the same, but other Antique samples as well as one of RH's larger color books were definitely more brownish/black. Distressed was more Grayish/Black (like the samples in this post).

Essentially, that Antique sample pictured in the original post was probably really a Distressed sample. The pictures with the rug are the actual Distressed sample. Both are pictured below and again, the store samples of Antique looked completely different than either of these, but the Distressed sample matched them both within reasonable dye lot differences.

None of these pictures in this post represent what Antique Ebony looked like in other samples. If you like these photos...check out Distressed Ebony not Antique.

Distressed is what I ordered and is a less expensive color that is very similar to the Berkshire Pewter leather. Both are matte and show scratches easily.

Antique Ebony seemed more glossy and less prone to the scratches if you like that style better. But again, it is a little more brown than gray.

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    6 år siden

Love the idea of light brown desk with a rich dark leather.

• Todd
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Finally finished. Just in time to move. At least we can enjoy it for two months and will look good at showings.

Distressed Ebony Churchill Chair from Restoration Hardware.
  • Todd
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    And St. James desk and bath cabinet in antique coffee. Also form RH.

Bath cabinet made a nicer display case than the bookshelf.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.