leonie_zeta_kidd

What are these bricks and best paint colour to match?

Leonie K
6 år siden

Can you tell me what these 1980 bricks are?

They have a glass fleck in them.

Also, wanting to update the mission brown paint on exterior of the house and roof, any modern colour suggestions welcome.

Would black to be contrasting?

(7) kommentarer

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    6 år siden

I would get samples of Colorbond Jasper and Colorbond Monument for starters to see how they compare in different light conditions against your brickwork. The blacker paints tend to be more susceptible to long term UV and heat damage so I would avoid a true black.

Best of luck with your painting,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

Leonie K thanked Dr Retro House Calls
  • girlguides
    6 år siden
    Black would also be too starke try ironstone (ink Grey- love it) for all but roof with lighter colour for roof eg dune (brown grey) nice bricks and yep tho brown back in that mission brown too much!
    Leonie K thanked girlguides
  • PRO
    Attic Building Design
    6 år siden
    Hi Leonie!
    Will you be changing the roller doors? Are they brown, I can’t quite tell from the pic but a warm grey could look lovely.
    Leonie K thanked Attic Building Design
  • Leonie K
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

Dr Retro House Calls, funny as I have a sample of monument here. Interesting about true black.

Girlguides I have also been playing around the idea of ironstone on the garage doors.

Attic Building Design you're right, the picture doesn't quite show it, they are mission brown, thinking of a grey/black. It's such a huge decision, hubby and I can only agree with no cream or green.

• Sarah Beutel
    6 år siden
    Colourbond Dune!
    Leonie K thanked Sarah Beutel
  • Kelly .
    6 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}6 år siden

Try WA brickmatch. If they cant tell you they can usually tell who was the manufacturer who will give more info

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.