joyv61

Paint colour suggestions to trick the eye.

Joy V
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

My daughter has purchased a tiny 2 bedroom unit. We are hoping to redecorate to make it look not so stark and to try and make the weight bearing white wall that holds the fridge disappear. the photos are taken from the front door. We were hoping to use a pale grey blue colour but wondering whether to use half strength or quarter strength on some walls? I would appreciate any suggestions for colour and depth of colour to improve overall look and any general eye tricking pointers,

(14) kommentarer

• me me
    6 år siden
    I think that the room needs a bright stunning sofa with some artwork above it.
    Joy V thanked me me
  • Joy V
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Unfortunately the couch has to stay short term. Do you think the artwork should be extra large on the wall behind he couch to pull the eye over to the left side?
  • Joy V
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

the couch is positioned for the TV unfortunately but I am going to give that a try. Nothing wrong with laying down watching tele! The plant is a great idea

• PRO
    Attic Building Design
    6 år siden

It might be worth painting the other side rails to the stairs so they look like they are disappearing into the wall at the back. A light warm grey on the walls could look lovely, and I agree with Julie Herbert, some art and plants can do wonders!

• julie herbert
    6 år siden
    That sounds lovely Attic Building design, I think that will look gorgeous.
  • Sarah Sarah
    6 år siden
    Very light grey on all walls would be nice or white. Lighter colours like white tend to make spaces bigger and in ur case this needs to be done. The artwork on the weight bearing wall (in kitchen) needs to go as this draws ur eye to the wall . The railings on the stairs need to be painted (either colour of the walls or white)as this will help blend into the background and make the space look bigger.
  • Sarah Sarah
    6 år siden
    Have u got a photo... say taken from the stairs showing the lounge room and front door so we can see exactly how much space u have for couch placement etc. thanks
  • Joy V
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Sure. I’ll pop past in a day or two and take one from the stairs. It’s pretty tiny.
  • Joy V
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    The other thought was to put an interesting light fitting in the front left area as the current fittings are horrible. I thought an nice interesting oyster - if there is such a thing, or a short drop fancy lucite shade
  • julie herbert
    6 år siden
    Love the idea of a new light fitting, there are some beautiful cane ones available, do something with a look at me look, a real wow factor, is there room above the stairs for a modern chandelier ,could look gorgeous
  • Elizabeth McCardell
    6 år siden

I would paint the walls a very pale soft custard yellow to create light and space. Pale grey blue would make the unit too formal for me. I am in the process of painting the interior of my house this lovely pale yellow and it is joyful and friendly.

• Joy V
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    Here are photos taken from the stairwell and with the couch turned the other way. It certainly gives much more room.
  • julie herbert
    6 år siden
    Hi Joy,
    That looks great, a large artwork above your couch, a small table , plant and it will look gorgeous similar to my first ideas for you
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.