sdsth

curtains or blinds .... ideas needed

Stella Hansen
6 år siden
huge open living area, which i want to do window coverings for.... blinds or curtains need help choosing

(17) kommentarer

• oklouise
    6 år siden

sheer curtains with block out blinds for night and what a fabulous dining room

• Stella Hansen
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    any picture ideas
  • oklouise
    6 år siden

search curtains or sheer curtains with blinds etc on HOUZZ for many thousand of photos

• Lana Hawkins
    5 år siden

Hi! :)

I would definitely go with vertical blinds! I've done many interiors with blinds recently and my experience is such that my clients are loving them.

They are much easier to maintain and clean, if they get damaged for any reason, single blind panels can be easily replaced inexpensively. In addition, they protect from UV rays which I personally find extremely important.

In your situation with sliding door, the blinds can be partially opened to allow access to the door. Also, they are made in all colours and patterns possible these days, so they can add a bit of character to your rather monochromatic space.

Here are some pics for your inspo :)

These vertical blinds from Apollo Blinds are a great example of how vertical blinds can look elegant and contemporary in smaller or bigger spaces.

My warm recommendation! :)

Best luck!

• KK1000
    5 år siden
    I would go with double roller blinds sunscreen/ light filtering combo . You can see outside when sunscreen is down and you have privacy during the day , at night use light filtering or block out blind. Please don’t use Apollo blind company not a great product and really bad service.
  • julie herbert
    5 år siden
    I love the vertical sheets, very elegant
  • julie herbert
    5 år siden
    Oops!! That should be vertical sheers.
  • Amanda
    5 år siden
    I would go for curtains it would soften all the hard lines in the space. I guess depending on privacy. Sheers are nice but if you need privacy I would go a double layer. one of sheers and then something heavier for night as well.
    lovely floor BTW.
  • Stella Hansen
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    do you think this style would work?
  • oklouise
    5 år siden

hard to see but make sure the curtains are hung above the architrave..preferably ceiling height if your ceiling is 2.4m tall

• Stella Hansen
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    our celing is 274cm
  • oklouise
    5 år siden

with a higher ceiling suggest the curtain rod needs to be about 1/3 the distance from top of window architrave to ceiling so about 2740 - 2100 divided by three means have the curtain rod about 400mm below ceiling height but never on the architrave and at least 45 to 60cm wider than the window so that the curtains can be pulled back on both sides to expose all the window and the blinds can be installed inside the window reveal...a custom curtain maker like Spotlight can easily organise all this and often has very good sales

• PRO
    Decoro Custom Interiors
    5 år siden
    The style of header is not suitable for functional curtains (ie ones that you want to regularly open and close). All the best, Louise - Decoro Custom Interiors
  • PRO
    Let's Revamp - Property Styling and Decorating
    5 år siden

Hi there,

First of all, wow! What a gorgeous open space. Because of the vast length of the rooms, I would suggest adding a stronger illusion of height to the space for some balance. The best way to do this is by hanging curtains slightly higher than the frame. This will accentuate the wall vertically so you are given the impression that the ceilings are higher. As you have the hedges outside providing privacy, I would opt for a sheer curtain. This will give you a sense of elegance in the space to match your beautiful furniture, and at the same time provide you with plenty of light during the day.

All the best!

- Elena

• PRO
    DrapeCo (Australia-Wide)
    5 år siden

Please don't install verticals. You have such a beautiful home, I strongly believe drapes will look amazing. With curtains you want to install them as high as possible, I would install on the same level as your kitchen cabinetry, so about 10cm below the ceiling cornice.

Colour, I recommend two shades darker or lighter to give the room dimension. I feel a classic look will last you a lifetime so a plain coloured drape, and if I were you I would add a border in another neutral colour to further add interest. I will show you a photo of a drape I did for a client and I think this style would suit you. She chose Madison Linen fabric with a dark grey border.

• Stella Hansen
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

do you think the s fold faux silk would suit?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.