guest room help!

Stella Hansen
6 år siden
small room that needs attention

(28) kommentarer

• PRO
    Dr Retro House Calls
    6 år siden

As far as guests rooms go, it doesn't seem too bad, although your choice of manchester does make a smallish room look smaller. I would consider changing the sliding doors to the robe to mirrored doors to bounce some light around, to give the impression that the room is bigger and make it feel more luxe.

The bedhead and manchester are quite different colours that don't really work together, with the bedhead being a deep blue grey, and the manchester being more of a black. I would be changing the manchester to match in with some of the warmer tones used in the ensuite.

Best of luck,

Dr Retro

of Dr Retro House Calls

• me me
    6 år siden
    I agrre, the manchester is wrong. Also, I think somd artwork is needed.
  • Nikki Vaz
    6 år siden
    some nice varying blue tone Manchester with cream would look good and brighten up the space. Also a nice large beige carpet under the bed, would look good. furthermore I agree with the above comment, adding mirrors to your slide wardrobe would really bounce back light and brighten up your space, and make it look more inviting
  • PRO
    Wolfe Designs
    6 år siden
    What about a pop of colour. A large black n white photo print with one element being another colour. Tie this in with a large rug under the end portiin of the bed in a bold stripe or geometic in black n white possibly the other chosen pop of colour. I agree the bed linen and bed head dont match.
  • siriuskey
    6 år siden

sadly it's like the living room all dark and no warmth, some timber, white or beige linen bedding white lamps, only keep two of the lounges and add additional chairs. your TV jack is in a strange place perhaps better at the end of the room and some large art from Bluethumb.

• julie herbert
    6 år siden
    Hi,
    I think the bed head, side tables and lamps look great, new bedding, a beautiful throw, fab cushions, large plant in the corner and you would have a beautiful room, if budget allows the mirror doors sound great also.
  • annb1997
    6 år siden

A few things jump out at me. All surfaces, with exception of bed and bedding, are smooth and very similar. The side tables are a bit small and short, making the lamps less functional (for reading) than they could be. The blind doesn't completely block light for sleeping, and could use additional dressing.

If you have another use for the tables, I would replace them with larger timber side tables (round is good shape), and taller lamp tables with lighter colour shades.

Consider hanging full-length sheers (use abundance of fabric) or curtains in charcoal or similar colour to help block out light and dress the window.

Agree artwork is needed on at least two walls. A large piece on widest wall and smaller on narrow wall. You could add some texture to the room, so maybe a wall hanging on narrower wall.

If you don't want to change your bedding, consider adding an off-white textured throw and off-white or neutral textured cushion or two (not matching) to further dress the bed.

I like your styling of tables. That's a lovely mirrored tissue box and decanter.

Also agree mirrored wardrobe doors would be gorgeous, but if not in budget, maybe consider a mirror (?) on wall opposite window.

You have made a good start to decorating this room.

• annb1997
    6 år siden

I meant to say replace lamps with taller table lamps!

• siriuskey
    6 år siden

The photo in your Ideas book, "Spare bedroom" is perfect and easy for you to make a few small to have that look cheers

• siriuskey
    6 år siden

I meant additions!

• Stella Hansen
    Forfatter
    6 år siden
    few addition
  • JE C
    6 år siden
    Personally, I would go for a clean calm look with white bedding, which always looks fresh, keep it simple.
  • Sarah Sarah
    6 år siden
    ALL White quilt cover or coverlet. Please try this and remove the current bedcover it is way too much and is clashing with the bed head!!!!! Then some nice decorative cushions in greys blacks whites and a colour if u desire. Please remove the current bedcover.....i repeat....
  • Sarah Sarah
    6 år siden
    Ideas
  • Sarah Sarah
    6 år siden
    More ideas
  • JE C
    6 år siden
    I think Sarah is spot on, you could achieve this look very cheaply at spotlight target or ikea.
  • robandlyn
    6 år siden

I agree that the current bedding doesn't match the headboard - one or the other needs to change.

• siriuskey
    6 år siden

This is the photo from your "Guest bedroom idea book", just copy what you see in this lovely room, you're nearly there.

Paddington Terrace · Mere information

• Sarah Sarah
    6 år siden
    The white waffle quilt cover set is $29 at target or kmart $36. You will be surprised how much the white will make such a difference and the bedhead will 'shine' more than like it is now getting lost with the busy bedcover. So this is very easily fixed. Add some nice cushions and a throw and it will be a lovely room. Adding a plant or two would be nice as well.

Photo below from target website of quilt cover:

Photo below from target website of quiltcover set
  • PRO
    Evergreen Walls Pty Ltd
    6 år siden

Hi there,

You can’t go wrong with adding a new best set cover with a few cushions and a nice chunky throw. Try adding some tall standing lamps and a nice large mirror to lean against the side wall and you’re good to go!

Cheers,

Richard

• Sarah Sarah
    5 år siden
    Any updates on your room? Pictures
  • sarah_eddy6
    5 år siden

The black & gold bedlinen doesn't work with the bluish based bedhead and carpet, however I think most of your elements are perfectly fine. It's also all looking a bit too dark for my liking.

For about $50...

A white bedspread will look fresh, even an inexpensive waffle style from Target/Kmart, a couple of lighter cushions will make a huge difference. And a nice plant in the corner, even from a hanging basket with a silver falls plant will add interest.

https://www.target.com.au/p/waffle-quilt-cover-set-white/60111432?utm_term=60111432&utm_content=waffle-quilt-cover-set-white&utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant-site&utm_campaign=merchant-site&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6J7YBRC4ARIsAJMXXsdtkyi1Ci6JTh0IjgG8v9Qy2hD6W0rX52bhb0qIYMgmIMhjj0t718UaArMbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CK-u7LSaodsCFVCSvQodBwMC3Q

$20-30

A couple of these cushions from Big W have a nice textural faux jute trim to add earthy tone. - $10 each

A throw like this one in a light grey (tonal to your bedhead) Big W $10

If indoor plants are too challenging, then something like this $7

Then I think it's nice to add a couple of personal touches

- an interesting coffee table book or new magazine on the bedside table, and

- especially if it's relatives coming to stay, some nice framed photos on your walls of your family/children and relatives together.

Big W $12, Kmart have plain ones for even cheaper

• Jason Treanor
    5 år siden
    Hi SDSTH, I think you’ve started well with this room. The bed head and side tables work well together and with the carpet. So I think it’s about continuing that theme up the walls, adding texture and character with full length curtains, prints and soft, cool grey paint on the walls while leaving the trims white. I tend to agree that the bed spread is a too bold for this space and the goldfish colour/tone clashes a little with the cooler greys of the carpet and side tables but you are on the right track. Adding textures instead of pattern would be a better path to take. The room does need softening. You could add contrast with dark blockout curtains over soft sheer white curtains and remove the blind. Keep the linen light with greys and white but also use a darker throw to tie the floor curtain bed and head together. I’ll post photo references...

RESIDENTIAL CHURCH CONVERSION · Mere information
  • Jason Treanor
    5 år siden
    My Houzz: Scott Talmon: Tel Aviv, Israel · Mere information
  • Jason Treanor
    5 år siden
    London Terrace · Mere information
  • Jason Treanor
    5 år siden
    I now see there are a lot other good visual references from other commentators, all showing similar ideas. Simple patterns, textures, layers and move that up onto the walls all the action is on the bed. Have fun.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.