reneestar255

Need help with window treatment ideas & furniture arrangement please!

reneestar255
10 år siden
Would appreciate any input on ideas for window treatments for our sunroom. We love the sun & view but privacy might be nice at times. Also, any suggestions regarding furniture placement would be great. We ordered custom roller shades but they were too deep to recess. Thanks!

(19) kommentarer

• PRO
    essentials inside
    10 år siden
    Hi reneestar255! I see you made it here from the "other" section.

You have a lovely home. Would it be possible to take one more picture - one w/your back to the window behind the plant?

I'll have those more knowledgeable than me comment on the window treatments, but about the furniture placement - I have some ideas but first I'd like to ask if this is your primary tv watching room?

Lyvonne
  • reneestar255
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    We have a family room also which is the main tv watching room.
  • Ben
    10 år siden
    Do you plan on covering the upper transom windows? Are you more concerned for privacy or blocking sunlight? I say leave the upper windows alone.
  • reneestar255
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    The room is 16 x 16 also.
  • reneestar255
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Definitely not cover them unless we possibly hung panels from a high rod. We have lived here 4 years with nothing. I like lots of light. Just wonder if we can do something not too heavy that's why we initially tried recessed roller shades but had to return them because the window header was not deep enough to hang them. I liked the idea of something like that because in the up position most of the window would still show.
  • reneestar255
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    To answer your
  • reneestar255
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    To answer your question...some privacy but wondering if window treatments would add more style & warmth to the room & pull it together more.
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    10 år siden
    Thanks so much for the additional picture! Love the Alita pendant.

Since this is not your main tv room I would move the couch in from the half-wall and move the 2 chairs & the table to sit across from the couch. I'll search for some Houzz pictures.

Is this the way you've always had the furniture?

Lyvonne
  • User
    10 år siden
    I do not know if it the photo but your drum pendant looks odd, it seems it is just hanging out there with no purpose. I want to say put a round table centered under it with 4 chairs for entertaining. Or you could put the 2 upholstered chairs with the side table under the light, move the sofa over to the windows on the right.
  • PRO
    Dena Pratt - Ethan Allen Cordova TN
    10 år siden
    If you do a rod for the upper windows I would do them in an A line and follow just below the ceiling with either a swag or twist application ending at the sides with drape panels to the floor. To enjoy your view I would do three love seats in a squared U opening toward the glass with a console table behind the back love seat with candlestick lamps to add height.
  • reneestar255
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Lyvonne, I have had the couch in front of the window on the right before.
  • PRO
    JMittman Designs
    10 år siden
    Have you considered shutters? How deep are the frames? Are you saying the roller shades were not a flush inside mount?
  • PRO
    Shade And Shutter Systems, Inc
    10 år siden
    A product that is great for applications like this, is called Q Motion shades. They dont have any cords or plugs, but are automated by D batteries. This is a newer line, but we have done many installations and customers really love the look and ease of use. Because you love the light, but still want some privacy, there are tons of different light filtering fabrics that would still give you the light streaming in, but with less heat and more privacy overall.
  • reneestar255
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Yes the roller shades were bought with measurements for inside mount. We have about 3/4 inch to work with but the header was 3 inches deep.
  • PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    10 år siden
    Our shades need only 3/4". They operate top-down/bottom-up, giving great privacy. We also have over 400 fabrics to choose from, so I am sure you can find the perfect fit.
  • PRO
    ResCom Designs
    10 år siden
    The choices for cathedral windows are usually slim. Consider
    1. Shutters which will, in my opinion ruin the view that you presently have.
    2. cellular shades: they have a slim profile and can easily be lifted to acquire the spectacular view. Cells also have an insulating property that will help reduce the strain on your heating and cooling equipment.
    3. Window Film, aka tint: The view remains while still reducing the heat transfer into the room and eliminating the glare of that daytime sun.
    4. Lastly there is EZ Snap: an outdoor application that can be removed in the winter to utilize the warming effects of the sun. Its a simple and cost effective way to shade the windows
  • louth
    10 år siden
    http://www.blocblinds.co.uk/window_blinds/cassette_roman_blinds Check out this website just for ideas. Roman blinds may be suitable - they tend to be neat and unobtrusive. I am not endorsing that link, it is just a suggestion from a search on roman blinds that I did a while ago.
  • PRO
    MIchelle Bower, a Smith & Noble In-Home Designer
    9 år siden
    Shutters can be made in the shape of these windows! They would look fresh and light in a white painted finish. They would allow light control and privacy when needed. The slats come in different widths to maximize the light and view.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.