waterchick

Tile transition- what do you think?

waterchick
6 år siden
sidst ændret:6 år siden

My tile will be laid in a brickwork setting, above the range and either side of the upper cabinets (17” of visible tile) . I have a large window on the opposite wall. Would you continue the same height of tile (to the left of the window)? Or transition to a lower height of tile (7” of tile), after it runs under the window ( to the left of the window, where the cabinets end)?

(8) kommentarer

• richfield95
    6 år siden

What are you asking?

• waterchick
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

It posted before I inputted all info. Question is posted now.

• waterchick
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

• richfield95
    6 år siden

So you’re putting tile above the two windows on the range wall?

You might want to post your kitchen layout in the House Gardenweb Kitchen for input before finalizing. Things like your dishwasher and fridge placement are less than ideal. The people on that forum are great (if not opinionated) and will help you make sure your new kitchen is as functional as it is pretty.

• PRO
    toddinmn
    6 år siden

Go below the window and if don't like it go to the same height.

• PRO
    Skippack Tile & Stone
    6 år siden

Keep it all the same, it will look best.

• PRO
    Designworks
    6 år siden

That big window dominates that wall so a short 17" section to the left of it will look like its trying to compete but failing. Let the tile continue under it to the end of the counter at 7". It will look fine and then go up to the bottom of the counters every where else. You might hang a floating shelf or two on that left side at say 8-12" and use that as a functional transition and then carry the tile up to the shelf. But I think 17" will just look like there is the section just hanging out there in the midst of the continuing wall unconstrained if you will. Another option could be to "dissipate" the tile as a transition but not sure what style you are after here.

Best of luck.

• waterchick
    Forfatter
    6 år siden

The window depicted in the drawing is a big misleading. That’s not what the window looks like (not sure why the kitchen designer selected that one when compiling our drawings). In any case, it’s still larger than all the others. And I totally get what you are saying. I was worried if I kept it all the same height, the tile would look as if it’s just hanging out there- so far away from the actual “kitchen” space per say. That’s why i was wanting input on that specific area. I think this will be a game day decision, as we tile it.

And I thought the exact same thing about putting some artwork or shelf there. That’s been my plan all along. The finished look is very clean, heavy, cap cod meets modern. So I have loads of great artwork to chose from in our little beach community.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I appreciate it!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.