moorlikeit

Love the cladding

moorlikeit
5 år siden
Please could you tell me what wood was used here? Plus what colour will it weather to?
Many thanks
Blackberry Lane, Four Marks · Mere information

(1) kommentar

• PRO
    Barclay+Phillips Architects
    5 år siden

Hello, thanks for your question. The cladding is Western Red Cedar - if untreated it will eventually age to a silvery grey, if you do a search on Google this should give you an idea of the colour. The areas most exposed will age first, with more protected areas taking longer. If you wish to retained the colour treating the timber with a quality woodstain with a pigment helps prevent UV rays aging the timber, treatments will need to be repeated over the years. Alternatively, if you like the weathered look you can use products to speed up the process to avoid the in between stage! Hope this helps!

moorlikeit thanked Barclay+Phillips Architects
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.