twamleyk

Which porch lantern??

twamleyk
5 år siden
sidst ændret:5 år siden

Hi All,
So frustrated. Just spent ages writing this post and it disappeared when I clicked 'post'?!
Anyway, here we go again...
We are slowly fixing up our front of house, and now wondering which porch light to buy. Here is a picture of our front door:

We are replacing the step tiles with victorian black and white tiles (a further post to come about that!). The main question I have about the porch lantern is in relation to the wall lantern we already have, as you can see in the photos.
Here it is up close:

Porch lantern options:
1. This appears to be the nearest to the wall lantern I can find, with four sides, though there appears to be some effect on the glass:

Link here
2. This is the most different to the lantern we already have - too different?

Link here
3. Probably some where in the middle - 6 sided rather than 4 sided, and also has some effect on the glass. It's only £17 (reduced from £69) which is not irrelevant to our thinking.

Link here

Your thoughts welcome!

I inserted a poll the last time, but I am afraid that's why the post disappeared, so I won't do that this time, unless I can post it later.

Thanks in advance!

(10) kommentarer

• Daisy England
    5 år siden

Number one. Possibly 2, definitely not 3 for my choice.

twamleyk thanked Daisy England
  • Sonia
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

I really like the one you already have. A nice traditional style which goes so nicely with the house. Any reason why you are changing it? Or is it an additional light? Otherwise I like 1 and 3, and 3 is a real bargain! It has some kind of etched glass by the look of it, but still that nice traditional look. You can always return it if you don’t like it in real life. Don’t forget your Distant Selling Regulations which allow you to return an online item if it is not as expected - 14 days to advise the company you want to return it, then 14 days after that to return it.

twamleyk thanked Sonia
  • twamleyk
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Hi Forzaitalia, Just to clarify, we are not removing the wall lantern, my question is about adding a porch lantern which will go with the wall lantern. Best, K

• minnie101
    5 år siden

I'd go for the middle one personally , it complements rather than tries to match. The path will look great

twamleyk thanked minnie101
  • Emmanuelle
    5 år siden
    Would also go for the second lantern; they complement each other... it’s simple and classy. And I usually don’t like things too matching!
    twamleyk thanked Emmanuelle
  • Sonia
    5 år siden

I’m with you now twamleyk. Good luck with your choice.

twamleyk thanked Sonia
  • twamleyk
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thanks all! I went with option 2.

• twamleyk
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Photo of lantern up!

• Sonia
    4 år siden

Looks lovely. Well done!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.