mohiuddin_ahmed47

raised garden beds

Mohi Uddin Ahmed
5 år siden
hi, what would be the most cost effective way of making these raised white garden beds?
Small, low maintenance garden · Mere information

(4) kommentarer

• chloeloves
    5 år siden
    Bricks or breeze blocks with render painted white
  • Mohi Uddin Ahmed
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    thank you
  • PRO
    Yorkshire Gardens
    5 år siden

Hi Mohi, the most important consideration when building walls like this is to stop water from damaging the lovely smooth finish.

We achieve this by using dense concrete blocks for the main body of the wall which then sit on engineering bricks which are impermeable. The back of the wall is lined with a damp proof membrane and there is integral drainage in the soil behind. The top of the wall slopes back into the bed so that there is no standing water and finally the walls are finished with a silicone render which is also water resistant.

I wouldn't recommend a DIY construction of this type of wall.

• Mohi Uddin Ahmed
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thank you so much for your detailed response, much appreciated. I agree it does seem a tad challenging for the DIY category.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.