lindseyray

Please help me decide! Drywallers are coming in tomorrow!

lindseyray
5 år siden
Where should this exposed beam “end” visually?
Or should it “end” (visually) at the partition wall? (By drywalling over it where it is above the partition wall)
Should this exposed beam continue to be exposed above the partition wall? (and end at the exterior wall)

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    5 år siden

Cover this one up and make a trimmed opening and trim out the other one if you wanted to have a wood look.

• lindseyray
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Actually we will be painting the beams (which are functional not decorative) the same color as the ceiling. So it’s not about wanting a wood look. But having as open of a space as possible
  • PRO
    Gipman Millwork
    5 år siden

I would leave the beam, remove the partition wall underneath and open up the stairwell access. The beam is the support so no need for the wall (unless your local building code says different)

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.