apuzzokitchens

What method do you use to get high resolution photos on website?

Apuzzo Kitchens
5 år siden

Hello! I am having issues transferring high quality photos onto my website. I am taking photos of beautiful kitchens with my digital camera and they're coming out great (Nikon camera). I then transfer them to my phone using the Nikon Wireless Mobile utility app. I then go to email them to myself and then when I go to view them on my computer -- the quality is totally lost! I have also tried uploading to Google Drive and am finding the same issue. What is the best method of keeping the high quality of your photos?

Thanks

Maddi

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    Kate Thompson
    5 år siden

Hi Maddi -- Why are your transferring your photos to a phone? I'm not familiar with the app you refer to, but you will have a much easier time with photo editing on a full size computer. The phone or app could be compressing your pics automatically just because they are so large. Certainly resize your images (72 dpi) before putting them on a website because really big images will slow your website down a lot. I use Photoshop, but I've heard good things about pixlr.com.

• PRO
    Gipman Millwork
    5 år siden

Hi Maddi, I am with Kate on this one. A couple of things we should clarify:

1. What website platform do you use?

2. Why are you managing your website from a phone?

We take all of our photos with a Canon camera, edit them in Adobe Lightroom and upload them to our website and have no issues. We do create a "Web Optimized" Folder in each of our projects main folder with a copy of all the photos saved to a web-friendly size. We do the resizing in Photoshop.

• oldbat2be
    5 år siden

I think I have something similar with my Kodak and iphone app. In this case, as I want to message the pictures, I am glad they are smaller.

Why not just remove the card and insert it into your PC? It should automatically recognize the card and give you options to display or transfer the pictures.

• PRO
    Apuzzo Kitchens
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thanks, all! I found the cord to upload them directly to my computer and that seems to be working much better. Appreciate the help!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.