sonali_hindmarch

sticky window film that won’t block any light at all?

s eh
5 år siden
I live in a ground floor flat and the bedroom windows face out into a communal courtyard.

I’d like some privacy but I don’t want to keep the curtains drawn all day, and the rooms aren’t that bright anyway as it is.

My question is, do any of the adhesive privacy films still let through 100% of the light?

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    OnePlan
    5 år siden
    Look at https://www.brume.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKCAjwi6TYBRAYEiwAOeH7GYc5MxPU4qSxkp47NtqN-4exUGStXI39NCLCceIwBh_tNxZfalcqeRoCkqQQAvD_BwE

They have various different types of frosted window film - any film will refract the light somewhat - so you won’t have 100% of light coming though like you did before - but you will have more privacy.
  • s eh
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thank you! I am looking now. I wonder if a solution exists where I still get to keep 100% of the light?? I’m guessing not...
  • Tani H-S
    5 år siden
    On OnePlan’s link they do a plain frosted film in white or the silver version (it’s not actually silver but just denser true etched glass effect )

Doesn’t sacrifice the natural white and I’ve used it in my bathroom doors and it kind of glows. Made it actually look brighter!

Our front living room will eventually become my office so I will also be getting some of it to put on the lower windows as I want light, but also a lot of privacy!
  • Tani H-S
    5 år siden
    I did email them for some samples as I needed some as well and they said this:-

“Our white film allows in excess of 90% of natural light through, whereas the Silver Etch allows around 65%”
  • PRO
    Inkmill Vinyl
    5 år siden

Hi There,

Another option to get more light though is to use a frosted window film with a pattern cut into it. The cut out parts will let through 100% of the light but still ensure privacy as the cut out parts are very small.

Here are some examples.

Decorating windows - easy to apply and remove solution for privacy & pattern · Mere information

Decorating windows - easy to apply and remove solution for privacy & pattern · Mere information

You can find more ideas for frosted window films on our website - https://inkmillvinyl.co.uk/vinyl-wallpaper-patterns/cat/53/window-film

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.