ruby_makuch

Kitchen reno. Totally opened up our space

Ruby Makuch
5 år siden

Our little 750 square foot slice of paradise on Maui

made it difficult for two people to work in the kitchen, so we opened it up and installed an island. So much more functional space. It has doubled the size of our kitchen area.

Also created a "between the studs" closet for broom and canned goods. Made the barn door hardware myself with patio door wheels and some creative thinking.

Created a focal point over the oven by mixing glass tiles. Waves above and off white glass subway tile. Since the walls were already torn up, had the piping run to install a pot filler.

(20) kommentarer

• Hillside House
    5 år siden

So gorgeous! I bet you love all that extra space!

Ruby Makuch thanked Hillside House
  • Ruby Makuch
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

We do...it's amazing. Now if we want to "hip check" it's on purpose!!!

• PRO
    Ancient Stone
    5 år siden

Stunning! It looks so much bigger and much more functional. Great job!! P.S. We LOVE that blue tile :)

Ruby Makuch thanked Ancient Stone
  • mrswaves
    5 år siden
    Such a great space now! In an amazing location. Love all your changes, especially the nifty little closet :)
    Ruby Makuch thanked mrswaves
  • Aurora Tee (Zone 6a)
    5 år siden

Very nice update. Do you have any plans for the open wall? Shelving, artwork?

Ruby Makuch thanked Aurora Tee (Zone 6a)
  • Ruby Makuch
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Just the pineapple for now. I like the clean open space.
  • PRO
    Stecki Construction
    5 år siden

Wow! Looks amazing! Definitely opened up a lot of space! Thanks for sharing!

Ruby Makuch thanked Stecki Construction
  • hollybar
    5 år siden

Wonderful transformation. So good I can't even pick which part I like best.

Ruby Makuch thanked hollybar
  • K R
    5 år siden

Love it!

Ruby Makuch thanked K R
  • PRO
    White Marble Source
    5 år siden

We love every detail of it! Great job.

Ruby Makuch thanked White Marble Source
  • gl0ssy (Ontario zone 5b)
    5 år siden

Great job! Looks amazing

Ruby Makuch thanked gl0ssy (Ontario zone 5b)
  • PRO
    Designer Drains
    5 år siden

What a difference, love the change!

Ruby Makuch thanked Designer Drains
  • User
    5 år siden

Very cool!

Ruby Makuch thanked User
  • Aurora Tee (Zone 6a)
    5 år siden

Ruby, can you give some details on the finishes you used? Also, being in Hawaii, was sourcing difficult? I can't believe how much larger it appears.

Ruby Makuch thanked Aurora Tee (Zone 6a)
  • Ruby Makuch
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

I did the design with the assistance of Home Depot's design department. They also did the install on the cabinets and flooring. My cabinets are Thomasville, Cotton color. The island is "Bali" color. Quartz countertops (Matha Steware Living "Cameo"). Cream subway tiles on the back splash are handcrafted glass purchased at Lowes. My focal point tiles I purchased on line thru mineraltiles.com (Glass Tile Wave Sparkling Blue Water). I used unsanded grout in "Alabaster". My flooring is Lifeproof Vinyl plank flooring in "Ocala Oak". As for sourcing, yes, being in Hawaii does make it more challenging. I had to have some of my sample chips sent to my friend in Texas to forward on to me as they "don't ship to Hawaii". Along with my pot filler. Also, given the scope of my project, I planned ahead. Knowing that custom items already take at least 3-4 weeks to produce and then another 3-4 weeks in transit. So patience is needed. But SO worth it. My design came to life even better than I anticipated. You just never know when working off of tiny sample pieces ... Mahalo for all of the wonderful compliments.

• PRO
    Architecture Plus Inc
    5 år siden

Looks great!

Ruby Makuch thanked Architecture Plus Inc
  • PRO
    Thomasville Cabinetry
    5 år siden

It looks amazing, thanks for sharing Ruby!

Ruby Makuch thanked Thomasville Cabinetry
  • PRO
    Rustic Elements Furniture
    5 år siden

Awesome! Loving the pineapple!

Ruby Makuch thanked Rustic Elements Furniture
  • PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    5 år siden

Looks Fabulous!

Ruby Makuch thanked M&R Custom Millwork Inc
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.